Violet x Meko Meadow - Starry day

The red haired woman yawned and sprawled across her purple bed adorned with beloved plushies as the setting sun tickled her nose through the curtains. Though to be fair, most of the plushies that were placed so lovingly on their reserved spot in her bed have fallen off of their prized throne. Violet had always been someone to toss and turn heavily in her sleep and the occasional kick would send even her favorite stuffed friends flying across the room.

Usually, she'd place them right back to their designated spot, but tonight was far from usual.

"4V, would you be so nice to arrange the plushies for me this time? I'm going out tonight and have to get ready!!", she turned to ask the only creature who always managed to stay on her bed - a pink, four-legged creature with a baby-blue bulb attached to a transparent tail.

With a short murmur of complaint, the curious being stretched in a catlike manner and started sitting the plushies back down in their designated spots.

"You're an angel 4V", Violet hummed while picking out some comfy clothes to wear. While she loved showing off her body after over a decade of being so unsure of who or what she was even meant to be, the nights were getting a lot colder as winter approached and she didn't want to get sick, so she instead chose a purple sweater along with a long white jeans skirt and some warm leggings.

Right as she finished getting ready, a faint knocking sounded from her door. The bat must've sped here the second the sun started setting!
Butterflies danced wildly in her stomach thinking about how fast Meko flew here for her sake. With that in mind, she sprinted towards the door.

"Oh right, I'll be back tomorrow night!!!", she let 4V know, almost tripping over her own feet when trying to turn around to the creature.

Luckily, Violet was able to grab ahold of the door handle in time to stop her fall, leading her to very clumsily open the door.

The green bat looked down to her struggling girlfriend. "I see you're graceful as ever, my spark", Meko said with an amused smile. God she loved her.

"Of course! How could I ever drop my crown!!"
Violet puffed out her chest proudly to emphasize her statement.

"Well, your majesty, how about I escort you through the velvet skies of locked city?"

"There's nothing in the world I'd rather do"

Violet took Meko's hand with such care as though she was petting a frail little butterfly. A degree of care and devotion Meko had never experienced before in her life.

And with just as much care, Meko lifted Violet into her arms and took off into the night sky.
Around the two lovers the stars glistened softly. It was as if they were dancing in a seemingly endless ballroom with velvet curtains that were adorned with millions of shining pearls and gems.

It was such a wonderful moment that Violet forgot to think about what might happen if Meko lost her grip. One look down harshly reminded her how far the ground was away from them now.

"Whoah, don't you dare drop me Meko, I don't have wings like you", she said when the bat twirled her around in a specifically wild motion.

"I won't spare it a single thought, my princess."

She placed a reaffirming kiss on the Ginger's forehead, pulling her in for a close hug. It was as if Gravity had gone on vacation in the quiet, lonely night.

How peculiar, Violet thought, that even Gravity did what it wanted if unobserved.

And even time played by its own rule as no one paid attention to it because soon the sky turned red at the seems. The magic curtain of the night was set ablaze by the morning sun, driving the lovers back into the caves the woods of locked city lead into.

Only then did Violet notice how fatigued her partner looked. When they arrived at the cavern Meko called her own, the bat collapsed into Violet's arms, tearing her down with her heavy limbs.

Contrary to popular belief, most bats are quite heavy. As they can grow up to around three metres, they tend to weigh anything from just 40kg to a whopping 230kg while still maintaining their ability to fly.

With that in mind it was no surprise that Meko was able to topple over Violet and make her fall onto the ground cushioned with soft moss and leaves.

As she laid on top of her in a sleepy haze, Meko softly lifted Violet's chin to look at her, making her sit up a bit and smiled.

"I usually fall asleep right at dawn, so I can count the little specs of light falling into my cave like stars, but we took a bit too long to get back for the light to reach us at the right angle."

She hesitated for a bit.

"Do you think I can count the stars in your eyes instead?"

It wasn't long until the two lovebirds fell asleep in each other's arms, sleeping softly and long

-------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH 😭
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!!!!! The more I think about them, the more I want to make them canon 😭😭😭😭
✨The struggle✨

Anywayyyyy, have a great day everyone!!!!
Scorper signing off 🫡