Cray x Ynn (non-romantic) - Pull

(I just wanna say this is no normal relationship by any means - it appears heavily romantic while they have no romantic interest in each other. Cray is aromantic, Ynn's asexual. This is a canon occurrence as well. Also more of a stream of thoughts occurring to Cray)

It's a night like any other. I lay in her arms, her face obstructed by the full moon shining behind her like a halo.
No, she's not a saint. And she certainly isn't an angel either, though she'd serve Fate much more happily than I would. It still bugs me.

I love laying down like this, I finally have the silence I need to think and catch a break from all the noise. Her eyes are like black holes that suck up every noise in my head.

I wonder though, does she ever sleep? Does she ever close her eyes?

Blood drips on my face as her piercing gaze continues to fixate me in my exact position on her lap. She's hunched over me like a vulture and her long, heavy hair hangs to my sides like the robe of the grim reaper himself.

It's...strangely comforting...

I was never able to put my finger on it, nor am I able to now, but when she's in a room, it's almost as if you're so alone that not even you are present anymore. It's fascinating.

She once told me she's drowning in a sea of loneliness, but when I'm around the sea becomes a puddle because we drown together. I think about it a lot when I'm able to think because her words ring true. I drown in her eyes every time I look into them. They keep pulling me deeper every time I do - it's like an addiction.

I hate the thought of someone else looking into her eyes. The entire world I'd trade for them to be forever mine to look into.

I wonder if there's a part of her that feels the same.

In the end, it doesn't matter. We function. We're doing good, we're getting along.

My eyelids are getting heavy, but I don't want to stop looking. Not yet...

Darkness starts to engulf me as I feel Ynn's thumb caress my cheek and the last thing I see are two black holes that lift me closer to the heavens.

When slowly coming to, I realize she's still sitting there like that, unmoving, a light smile on her lips and her halo of moonlight replaced by the sun.

Without warning, I start feeling nauseous and look at her in horror. I'm fighting the urge to throw up as a soft, slimy and pulsating lump the size of a fist makes its way up from my stomach.

"It's.....appe....ing a...ai...n", I manage to gurgle out before pressing my hand on my mouth airtight and sprint to the bathroom.

Unfortunately, this happens twice a day on average. Sometimes even in the night, or during fights.

There is blood in the sink.
------------------------------------------------------

Alrighhhhhtttttt, I THINK this turned out pretty good. I really love these two but their relationship is incredibly hard to write for me as you might've noticed, so I wanted to try something less conventional.
Whatcha think is going on with Cray?

Might expand on the story later and add some drawings, but no promises ;)

Scorper signing off 🫡