chapter eight

Techno and I sat in comfortable silence as darkness fell outside. I had a book cracked as did he and I heard a low groan from downstairs. I looked up as Technos ear twitched at the sound and I giggled to myself. It was cute, he was technically a demi-god but I don't think he thought to much about it so I couldn't exactly call him a cute mortal. His eyes flickered up to meet mine and he raised a eyebrow in question.

"Yes?" He asked closing the book and leaning forward slightly. He had pulled his hair back in a bun and took his reading glasses off. "Uh the groaning sound is what exactly? Don't tell me your harboring a prisoner that's slowly suffering." I say a evil grin on my face and his eyes widen in shock and his mouth parts slightly. He balls his fist up and puts it over his mouth as he clears his throat.

"Hmm, it's uh, actually it's my pet polar bear Steve. He hasn't been feeling good so he's been crashing downstairs." He says and I immediately ruffle my feathers pushing myself to my feet faster than he can comprehend. I run to the stairs quickly descending them.

"Oh my gods!" I say like a thirteen year old girl. Laying down with a blanket draped over him is a huge polar bear. He's got a little collar on that says "Steve" with a little heart. I smile slowly approaching him. I reach my hand out and Steve lets out a low grunt at me. I softly put my hand on his head, scratching him behind the head. He leans into me and reaches his paw out and knocks me into him so his heads on my lap.
I smile as I continue to scratch.

Behind me I hear the faint footstep of Techno.

"Lilith be careful sometimes he's mean to new- oh..." Techno stops talking as he makes eye contact with me. He still has his hand on the end of the stairwell and he steps off. A soft smile overtakes his face but quickly vanishes as he approached us.

"Well normally he's mean to new people, he tried to eat Tommy..." Techno said grinned petting Steve himself. I let out a laugh and Steve let's put a huff himself.

—-
"Ohhhh childreeennnn." I hear Phil knock on the door as his voice rings out dragging out syllables.

I raise my eyebrows as I'm rolling my sleeves up to brew another potion that Techno insisted I made while he made armor downstairs. I guess finding out there wars you must start preparing immediately. I didn't know I never had to prepare I just caused them, watched them and waited.

The door swung open with a snow covered Phil who immediately shook out his wings. This caused snow to get all over a clean Tommy. Tommy gasped at the snow hitting him, I know it was cold.

"Dad are you fucking serious."

"Watch you fucking language."

"But you just- OW" Phil reached over smacking Tommy on the back of the head with a large smile. Tommy grumbled holding the back of his head as he rolled his eyes. I let out a belly laugh at the scene unfolding right in front of me.

"Lilith are you hungry?" Phil asked and I nodded.

"Starving." I say putting new bottles on the brewing stand and he intervenes moving me away from the stand.

"Great, dinners ready let's go get Techno."

——-

"Okay so tomorrow, we're working on Liliths house, farming, since Techno knows I guess we're also mining for materials." Phil said. Dinner had ended around thirty minutes ago and Tommy had ran off to go see his friend, Tubben? Taro? Tubbo that's it. Apparently he was a ram hybrid that Tommy has known almost his whole life.

"Sounds like a somewhat solid plan." Techno mumbles out and Phil turns to glare.

"Okay how about you come up with a 'solid' plan big guy?" Phil says crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair, spreading his wings to put them behind the chair.