The Librarian

*************************

"The future is like a tree

Many different parts are possible

So many tales that describe the world

Where knowing everything is impossible"

A mysterious poem dedicated to the Gods of Acharia. This tale describes how there were many lives in a world that had many different opinions and thoughts that shaped the events and the course of history.

*************************

"MASTER! A CURRENTSTORM IS COMING!"

A roaring and thunderous storm was approaching. The gush, howling winds roared into the night. A boy and his master were flying, wings spread out. They were in a bad spot as they flew against the winds, huge danger looming over them as they struggled to not fall into the depths of the Gaulnia Ocean below them. The master flapped his wings as hard as he could, guiding his pupil to find a safe spot to land on.

The master cursed to himself. The astronomers gave a forecast of clear skies and calm seas. They didn't mention anything about a currentstorm forming. Their journey back home was going smoothly so far. They were supposed to have a relatively smooth flight back to their homeland, but Mother Nature seemed to have other plans. As the strong winds started to pick up, he looked all over his surroundings to find a landing spot. He panicked as the giant sky underneath him was covered with only water and no land.

"MASTER! WHAT DO WE DO?"

The master did not respond. He was too focused on trying to find a safe spot. His young pupil once again called out to him.

"MASTER! WHAT DO WE DO??"

"HOLD ON! I'M LOOKING!"

"MASTER!! THERE'S ISN'T THAT MUCH TIME! MASTER!!!!"

Before the master could react, a strong gust of the current hit the both of them. Both people yelled out in pain as their wings started to catch on fire. They tried to flap their wings to put out the fire and stabilize their position in the air, but the pain from the current strike fried their wings preventing them from being able to fly. As the both of them fell, the master panicked as he fell. He quickly scanned his surroundings, trying to find where his pupil was.

"VEDAT!! WHERE ARE YOU?"

No response came. The master tried to move around, ignoring the pain going surging throughout his body. After a little bit of searching, he saw his unconscious pupil falling. Using the last of his strength, he dove down to catch his pupil. Once he had his pupil secured in his arms, the master closed his eyes. As they neared the ocean surface, he gave a quick prayer to the gods, requesting that they survive their ordeal. They keep falling and falling, covered by the rain and burnt from the current. The master kept his grasp on his pupil tightly, waiting for the impact. They keep falling and falling to the dark ocean depths below.

And then, it was over.

Both of them crash into the ocean, slowly sinking. The master felt excruciating pain all over his body, likely coming from the impact of falling thousands of feet in the sky. As his consciousness started to slowly fade away, he noticed that his grasp on his pupil was loosening. He tried to reach out but his body was failing him. As he sunk further and further into the ocean floor, he could see the surface of the ocean, minimum light showing the reflection. In his last moments, before he lost consciousness, he wondered. Was this death? Was this the moment when he finally died? It wouldn't be the end of the world if he died, but he failed his pupil. He was supposed to outlive his master, not sink next to him. The master could only wonder as his eyes slowly closed.