The Wanderer

*************************

"Mankind cannot live through their life as if it is a burden. They must learn how to be free as a butterfly, living their lives happily yet modestly. But sometimes, such happiness is cut short because of one another's actions."

Excerpt from "Peace and Prosperity", a document written by Pymo, an ancient Vothan philosopher. This old historical document laid the foundations for Jesha, one of the most influential religions in the world. It emphasized the need to give up one's wants and to live a simple life connecting back to nature.

*************************

The Wanderer was running in the darkness with her elemental lekoda next to her. With each step she took, she was inching closer to the elemental tribes, but so was her pursuing enemy. She needed to hurry. She needed to warn the tribes about the incoming dangers. She had put a lot of distance between her and the pursuers, but she wouldn't be able to keep it for long. She couldn't defeat an entire army by herself. If she failed to give her warning on time, the elemental tribes will be decimated and burned to the ground. She already saw what her attackers were capable of and what they were planning to do tonight. If the tribes fall, there will be nothing in the way that would allow the forces of evil to disrupt the peace in the savannahs.

In the distance, she saw an outer village of the fire tribe nearby. She ran as fast as she could, approaching the gate. When she finally arrived at the outskirts of the town, she could see some activity occurring within the town. Two guards were standing apart from each other, overseeing the activity of who and what went in and out of the village tribe and guarding the entrance of the tribe so that a stranger couldn't simply walk into the village. It was going to be difficult since it was some years since she last stepped on the lands of the tribes, but she didn't have time. She was going to have to figure things out as she went.

When she finally neared the entrance to the gate, she ran up to the guards, warning them of impending doom. "You need to evacuate!!! You need to evacuate!!!"

One of the guards noticed her approaching and immediately stopped her. "Woah, there! Woah, there! Stop right there! What do you think you are doing? It's in the middle of the night!"

The Wanderer was screaming on the inside, trying to get the guards to understand the urgency of her message. "No!! You don't get it! If you don't get out of here, people are going to die! They're coming! They're coming!!"

"Okay, girl. Calm down. Calm down. Things are going to be okay."

"NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! YOU STAY LIKE THIS, AND PEOPLE WILL DIE! THEY'RE COMING HERE! THEY'RE COMING!!!"

The other guard was unsure what was happening here. Then, he realized who she was. "Wait a minute! Isn't it her?? The banished one??"

The first guard turned to her and slowly looked at her physical appearance. The Wanderer was wearing an outfit made from animal hide with colorful lines and ropes lying down. She had black-brown hair with scars wrapped around her arms and legs. She held a wooden bow and arrows on her case with a couple of other materials around her waist. He realized that it was truly her when he saw her two eyes: one was brown and the other was bright blue.

"It is!!" He turned to face the Wanderer. The two guards nodded at each other and blocked her path. "You are not allowed in here, banished one. You were told never to come back here! If you did show your face, you would be killed! We will give you a chance and let you leave! Leave now and never come back!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIVES HERE!!! WHY WON'T YOU STUPID IDIOTS JUST LISTEN??? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I RAN JUST TO COME HERE??