ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

With a yawn, y/n took her seat and stared at the teacher in front of her. The hard texture of the wooden seat beneath the girl wouldn't usually bother her so much but perhaps the lack of sleep she had gotten the night before made everything seem more uncomfortable. It also appeared to be affecting her attention span too due to how she could barely focus on the nun stood at the front of the class for a few seconds before her mind does somewhere else.

"Be on your best behaviour. . . Give a good impression. . . Learn from each other. . ."

The boring monotone voice rung in y/n's ear, repeating useless information that had already been told to all of the girls before. Despite her boredom, y/n can't help but smile knowing that her hard work for the past few days will finally pay off. The female students from a different school have been scheduled to visit on this very day. It was due to something about 'the best schools learning from each other' or something along those lines, it's not like y/n was listening.

"Today, you will be paired up with a Shujin student where you will then be expected to show them how graceful young girls such as yourselves behave."

Y/n fidgets in her seat, eager for some sort of entertainment. Luckily for her, that source of entertainment arrives as the doors to the classroom slide open. A group of unfamiliar girls step inside before all of the students are ordered to stand up as each one of the girls is paired up with their specified student. In y/n's case, a pretty, tall girl with blonde pigtails stands in front of her. The girl flashes her a kind smile, to which y/n returns.

"You're y/n, right? I'm Ann Takamaki, it's so nice to meet you!"

She seems very friendly and, upon first impression, is the perfect target for y/n's scheme. With innocent e/c eyes and an intentionally cute smile, y/n responds.

"Wow, Takamaki! You're so pretty!"

The blonde girl's smile widens, seeming pleasantly surprised by the compliment, "Oh, thank you! I think you're really cute too."

"Hehe, a pretty girl called me cute!"

Y/n's face beamed with innocence as she swayed her arms around in a lively manner on the spot. Before the two had the chance to continue their conversation, the group of students are instructed to form a line and head to the chapel for mass, making sure to stick close to the individuals they have been partnered with.

Upon arrival, the Arisugawa students do their usual routine of kneeling before the bench before taking their seats, the Shujin girls attempting to imitate the behaviour. Y/n sits down on the slightly uncomfortable benches with Ann taking a seat next to her.

"Do you always have mass in the mornings?"

Y/n turned to the blonde girl who quietly whispered her question, "Mhm! We sit here for an hour every morning. The nuns teachings are really helpful!"

"Really? What do they usually teach?"

"Things like to show kindness to everyone, how to act in a polite manner, to always help when you can. . . All sorts of life lessons!"

"Aww!"

A few rows behind her, Haruna eyes the girl suspiciously. With y/n's perfect posture and words contradictory to her usual complaining, she had every right to be.

"What is that girl up to. . ."

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"So what is it you usually do here?"

The calming sound of the luxurious fountain running echoed throughout the courtyard. Y/n tilts her head at the blonde and kicks her feet back and forth as the two sit on an isolated bench.