Chapter 5

I wake up in my bed and remember everything from last night. How'd i get on my bed?! Did Josh leave?

There's a note on my bed next to me that reads, 'We both accidentally fell asleep and my mom blew up my phone with texts at 2am telling me I'm grounded till Monday and I needed to go home, I'm sorry. I carried you to your bed, I hope you don't mind. I promise we will have that project done before Monday. -J'

Holy... how are we going to get that project done if he's grounded? All of this has turned into such a mess. What am I supposed to do now?

Hours pass, my parents are at work till the morning, and I still don't know what the project needs to be about. Im so upset right now. I'm going to be yelled at on Monday by Ms. Kelley for not doing the project.

It's my fault because I fell asleep before telling Josh to leave and now I got him grounded.

I sit on my bed reading a book when I hear a knock on my window that scares the shit out of me! Who could that be?! Is someone breaking into my home? I start to panic but I hear a "Y/n it's Josh!" out the window.

The sound of his voice calms me down. Thank god it's just him. But why is he at my window? I pull up the blinds and open the window to let him in.

"Hey Josh, I thought you were grounded?" I assume.

"I am, but my parents aren't home, and I promised you we'd get that project done." He laughed.

"Why didn't you just come through the door?" I ask. I was really wondering why he came through the window.

"Well, since I got my phone taken, I couldn't ask you if I could come over so I didn't want to knock on the door just for your parents to get mad at you for not asking if I could come over." He mutters, nervously.

"Josh they wouldn't get mad. Besides, they aren't home till tomorrow." I giggle.
"You didn't have to do all that."

"Well, I got that text from Jennifer when I woke up. We can do that project now." Josh said.

We worked on the project for 2 hours and finally finished it. We wrote our names at the bottom and it was ready for Monday.

"Thank you for sneaking over to my house so we could get this project done. I didn't want to get yelled at for my first assignment." I said, hugging Josh.

He looked surprised over my hug but he hugged me back. "Y/n, you didn't need to worry. You saw my note, I promised."

His hugs were so comforting, and again, my stomach had butterflies swarming it. Why do I keep feeling this way? I only met him a few days ago. What's wrong with me? I pulled away from the hug. I didn't want to, but I wasn't sure how he felt about it.

"What's wrong y/n?" He asked me.

"Nothing, I'm sorry." I reply. I hope he doesn't think I'm weird or anything.

He looks at me and says "You look like you needed that." and he hugs me again for a moment. He's so sweet. It really did feel like i needed his hug.

"Thanks Josh. I feel like you understand me more than my parents do." I smile and he just smiles back.

I want to sit down but I really don't want to sit on the floor again. That sort of hurts. I sit on my bed and Josh sits next to me.

"Y/n, not to make anything awkward but do you believe in love at first sight or just love happening fast?" He murmurs in a way I could barely hear him. His words making me fall more for him. Is that how he feels about me?

"Well, yeah.. I guess I do. Why do you ask?" I say, trying to make him tell me if he really likes me or not. I mean, why would he ask such a thing if he didn't feel that way? I don't know. But I think I love him. A lot. He's so different from any other guy I've met. I feel a strong connection with him. Is it wrong to fall in love so fast?

Josh's pov

"Oh, it's nothing. I was just wondering what your thoughts on that were." I say.

I wish I could tell her how i feel but she might hate me after that. She's perfect. I don't know what to do anymore. What if she feels the same way? I can see it in her beautiful eyes.

Soon our eyes are locked onto each others. I lean in a little bit and stop to see what she does. She kept the eye contact so I gently put my hand on the side of her neck pulling her in closer. Y/n closes her eyes making me close mine too as we kiss softly. We pull away for a moment before going in again harder and more passionate, she puts her hands in my hair slightly gripping.

The kiss ends and we just smile at each other.

"You feel that way too?" I laugh.

"Yes, I do." She giggles, hugging me. "I want you to stay here with me for a little."

"I will, did you think I would just immediately leave?" I ask.

"Well I don't know, maybe." She mutters.

"I'm staying right here till you want me to leave, okay?" I assure.

"Okay." She smiles.

(I hope u guys liked this one, lemme know if u have any ideas for future chapters:) also please vote this 🙏🏼)