Who do you think of?

Once a Loner, Twice a Loser, Thrice the Winner

By: gerodmego

06.23.2015

This is my story. Yes, sometimes I say it's not. But it's mine.

In this part, I'm gonna ask you: Who's your inspiration?

Who do you think of when you need to build your faith, your confidence and your will to continue?

What do you need a living inspiration for? People, we don't do something wholly for ourselves. There's always someone else: your parents, your guardian, your siblings, your kids, your friends, someone.

You have to have someone to think of when you're feeling down, and frustrated and you're thinking of giving it all up. If stops you from doing so. Just think of what they would feel and ultimately, what you would feel. It's not the same as having people expecting so much from you, that's pressure. And pressure doesn't always work. This is for you to dream, to make it come true, to make them real proud of you. It's love. It's sacrifice. It's your tribute. To them. To yourself.

On my part, yes, it's my family. Ultimately it's my third goal that's pushing me on. Partially, it's the fact that if others who deem themselves to be ordinary can do it, I can do so much more. When you go to the review school, you'll meet successful people, inspiring ones, really great individuals. You'll see Valix (father and son), Guerrero brothers, Atty. D, Atty. Jack, Sir Dayag, Sir Ocampo (or was it de Ocampo?), and many more. And there are those who didn't author any book but are still good reviewers. It was one of them ordinary reviewers who actually inspired me. If he can do it, I can, too. Oddly enough, as the board exam date comes nearer, we get a bit nervous (or maybe a lot nervous), but it was him I was thinking of, reminding myself what this guy has gone through and he succeeded. I've been a lot of rough times, too, and I've had worse. Just thinking of those worse things would send me into an overdrive of confidence again. So, for some cool reason, it's great to have many experiences in life. You had worse, you can face more, especially when they're miniscule in comparison. Not that I'm saying CPA board is miniscule, it's definitely not.

So, let me ask: What is your greatest experience? I'm not talking about happy times, I'm talking about challenging times. What's the biggest trial you've ever overcome? What were your feelings at the time? Super down? Really depressed? Very near failure? Almost thinking of suicide? But you didn't give up. You're here. You're better. You know what it's like and if it ever happens again, you can have a good laugh. Because you know, you can do it again. You will win again. You will be stronger than ever.

So don't be a wimp, always playing safe. There's more to life than just watching, listening, observing. You participate. You play. You rule. You lose. You win. You feel sad. You become happy. It's all experience that can change you into something else. Provided you have a strong will and personality. Of course, the weak will cry, they will scream, and they will ask others for help to solve even the simplest things. Do it. It's your life. It's your win. Ultimately.

END

03:10 PM

06.23.2015

***