Daryl Dixon - Chance

Daryl/OC: She was rescued from their enemy and he simply couldn't trust her.

Previously posted in my prompts book which has since been deleted.

________

"You spend so much time ridiculing me; beating me down, talking shit behind my back and yet, you've never once, not once, took the time to actually get to know me! You're so unbelievably two faced and nasty, when I haven't done anything wrong. So what is the real problem, Daryl? What have I done so terribly wrong to you to make you despise me so fucking much?"

The area was thrown into silence. It was strange, despite the fact the world had been so quite for so long, it was a deafening silence.

"Give me a chance, Daryl. I'm not the nicest person, I'm not smart, I can't fight, I can't hunt, I'm the complete opposite of you, but that doesn't instantly make me a bad person just because you're good. I may have come from the rival side, but I'm not your rival, I was never one of them. I'm your friend."

The silence continued. Daryl could only stare back at the young, red headed girl who had blood smeared across her face from saving him. She saved him, but despite that he couldn't help that he still felt that she was the enemy. He was constantly forced into befriending her just because Rick trusted her. He didn't, Daryl couldn't trust her. She wasn't a friend, she wasn't good. She came from them. Anyone can pretend, anyone can act. She just played the part better than others.

"I have never fought, I've never even held a gun. A knife is the only weapon I have ever had during this entire disaster. I've never killed a living person, only the dead and even then, I feel guilt! I would never harm another living person, not like they did! I was on the receiving end of their anger and pain too, I wasn't their friend, I was just another useless soldier that made up the numbers. You need to trust me Daryl, because the anger you display towards me, the hostility, it's going to get one of us killed while we are out here!"

Daryl snorted. "I don't have to worry about that, only one person will die and it won't be me."

She scoffed, "will it be me, Daryl? Will you kill me or the dead?"

"Both! If you don't shut your mouth, girl!" He growled. "So damn stupid."

"You ain't so smart yourself, Daryl."

He scoffed, "why don't you go back to being Negans little slave, we don't want you here. None of us want you here."

"Maybe I will," she said quietly. She gave him one last look and walked away in the opposite direction.

While she knew there was no way in hell he would follow her, it still upset her when she realised he really wasn't going to follow her, apologise and bring her back to the group.

She regretted her decision from the moment she turned around, but she refused to be seen any weaker than Daryl already believed her to be. 

However, as the time passed and the more lost and disoriented she got, the more she would rather be laughed at and ridiculed by Daryl. Especially once the groans of the walkers began to echo around her.