Part 7

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐚, 𝐒𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐:

After finishing her shift, Heidi had found that her phone had been spammed with a bunch of messages from multiple different people - including Jesse - about how they were going for a surf and to go and join them once she finished work.

Heidi had rode her skateboard to Bondi that morning, so she rode it all the way back to Maroubra Beach and then jumped the railings to head down to the sand.

The boys were all out in the water, Heidi dropped her bag onto the floor and then took Koby's car keys from his bag. She disappeared back up the sand towards the car park and unlocked the car, placing her skateboard into the boot and swapping it for her surfboard which was laying in the back with the seats down so it fit properly.

As she returned to the sand, Koby Abberton came back in from the surf before the other boys. Noticing Heidi on the sand walking back over with her board under one arm and swinging his car keys in the other, he gave a smile. Heidi smiled in response, returning the keys to his bag before walking back down to the water with him once he'd gotten a drink.

"How was work?" He asks.

"The usual, we had some pretty tough rescues." Heidi shrugs.

"GOLDILOCKS!" Jesse calls out, being the first to spot her.

She jumped into a wave before laying on her stomach on her board, she paddled over towards her brother who was now sat up on his with another Bra Boy, Dean Gibson, next to him.

As she approached the pair, she was greeted with Dean shoving her from her board.

Heidi resurfaced, cursing and spluttering. She pulled her chest up onto her board before looking around. Dean had paddled back to the shore and abandoned his board on the sand. Whilst still being sat on his board a few metres away, Jesse was absolutely losing it.

"FOR FUCK SAKE!" Heidi shouts. "COME HERE! I'M GONNA KILL YOU DEAN!"

Not even having the chance to catch a wave yet, Heidi abandoned her own board and began chasing after the slightly older man. Not much older than Heidi but good friends with Koby and Jesse. Dean lobbed himself into the water to avoid Heidi's threats, but the second he resurfaced and got his footing again, Heidi had jumped onto his back and was trying to push him back underneath the water.

Seeing the commotion, Jesse paddled over. Still sitting on his board as the two got out into waist depth water, Jesse stopped next to them. Once Heidi had jumped down, he used to his foot to help Heidi push their fellow Bra Boy back underneath the water.

Before Dean had the chance to resurface. Heidi had taken Jesse's outstretched hand and climbed onto his board, helping him to paddle further out into the water.

"You three will be the death of me!" Koby shouts from nearby.

"You love us really!" Heidi calls back. "Now off, I want a wave!"

Completely hijacking Jesse's board as he threw himself off the side and into the water, Heidi paddled further out before turning around to catch a wave.

The swell that Maroubra Beach that day was high, she managed to hook herself onto one instantly and rode it all the way back into the shore before scooping the board up underneath her arm and running back into the surf to go and collect Jesse from his position in the water.

"Do you need help?" She asks, sitting up once she reached him.

"Someone's just stolen my board." Jesse replies.