Part 20

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐚, 𝐒𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑:

Wind howled against the side of the apartment building and rain pounded against the windows.

Mother nature was in full swing.

Australia's summer was coming to an end as the rest of the world dived into their summer seasons. For the first time in ages, the rain and wind had come during the day instead of the night, locking people in their houses and leaving only those brave enough to venture outside.

Heidi Scott was not one of those brave people.

She was very much locked inside her apartment in a hoodie and matching joggers.

She had spent the morning binge watching different things on Netflix, ignoring her phone and only getting up when she needed a drink, snacks or the bathroom.

How she'd gone from watching 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' to 'Formula One: Drive to Survive' she hadn't a clue - except for two different Australian's, one whose name began with an O and ended with an I whilst the others began with a D and ended in an O.

She fully blamed Oscar Piastri and Daniel Ricciardo for this.

Why I hear you ask?

Well, Heidi had just finished another season of The Vampire Diaries for what felt like the hundredth time when she had finally looked at her phone. Daniel had been trying to get her to watch anything Formula One based for a while now but she kept refusing because as much as she loved her very random group of friends, she could not bring herself to find and interest in the sport that they lived and breathed, much like how they couldn't bring themselves to show and interest in the two things Heidi lived and breathed.

But, with the deadline of season five of Drive to Survive approaching, Daniel and Oscar had not stopped spamming Heidi in a team effort to get her to watch the other four seasons.

Even after finishing the last episode of 2019, Heidi still wasn't interested.

"No offence," Heidi says. "But all I can gather is that you all drive fast cars in funny shaped circles."

"But its so much more than that!" Daniel groans in reply. "So much more than that!"

"No, she's right - there is literally twenty-four ish weekends in a year dedicated to us flying around the world and driving fast cars in funny shaped circles." Oscar laughs.

"You supposed to be on my side here!" Daniel gasps.

"I am." Oscar deadpans.

"How so!?"

The younger Aussie could only shrug as Heidi propped her phone up against her legs. She chewed on the skin around her thumbnail as she listened to Daniel explain just why Formula One was the greatest sport in the world.

She could only think about how it didn't even begin to compare to surfing.

"Are you even listening to me, Heidi?" Daniel asks in a joking tone.

"You want the truth?" She questions.

"Preferably." He sighs.

"No." Heidi says seriously. "You've been going on for half an hour now about how good F1 is."

"Because its amazing! Oh my god your impossible!" Daniel groans dramatically.

As the older Aussie shook his head, Heidi saw a notification pop up from Oscar on the top of her screen, still chewing on the skin around her nail out of habit, Heidi opened up her private messages with the McLaren driver.