His Inventions {Rui Kamishiro}

╴╴╴╴╴⊹ꮺ˚ ╴╴╴╴╴⊹˚ ╴╴╴╴˚ೃ ╴╴

˚₊·-̳͟͞͞♡
⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Wondashow Reader is curious about Rui, and his inventions.

ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆ ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

Y/N: your name
L/N: last name

—⋆★⋆—

You watched intently as an all too chivalrous-like male made alters and fixes to his machine: An eager look on your face as you wondered how to approach him.

Rui Kamishiro was an odd guy. You rarely interacted with him as he did with the rest of his friends, he rarely interacted with you as you did with the rest of your friends too.

You didn't mind not talking to him very much, he was weird & eccentric.. as to what the rumors say he is, so you tried to keep your distance. Atleast, some of it.

Yet, now that you both were working together to perform and make everyone smile in the newfound group Wonderlands x Showtime. (Founder of it all being your classmate, Tsukasa Tenma.) you couldn't help but find a hint of curiosity for the guy.

He sure was like what people say of him to be, but he wasn't crazy, nor was he the type of kid planning to blow up the school. It made you wonder about what other things about him were true, and what weren't.

Not only just about him though, but about what he creates. Every show, Kamishiro and the rest of you guys think of crazy ideas to perform, and the immensely tall guy always had ideas popping in his head minute by minute over what he can create.

The greatest part was, he always managed to complete it! Sometimes you wondered if he worked for Santa, but he was too tall to be an elf.

The more you admired the boy from afar, the more you urged to talk to him, maybe just get him to look at you or properly perform with him.

The two of you never spoke directly. Usually you were one to exchange a few words to the group whole. If he were to talk to you, you were with another person who joined in most of the time.

So to cut it short, you never talked with him alone. And because of that, it was making you a bit nervous on how you should handle this situation.

Staying curious and deciding not to chat did seem like the easier choice, but you wanted to do the complete opposite even more. It was frustrating honestly, if only you could talk to someone about this.

Then again, if you ever told someone like Tsukasa or Emu... they'd probably tell Rui right away. Nene was also close to him, so she'd probably speak to him about you aswell.

As your mind lingered on the specific boy, he whose name was awfully often mentioned finished up. He turned to you when he closed the hatch of the inventions wiring. His usual cat-like smile perked on his face.

"Ah! Y/N!" You blinked, turning to face the one who had called out for you, only to realize it was Rui himself. "Rui? What do you need?"

His hands motioned towards you to him; you followed, kneeling down to crouch besides him as he opened his mouth to speak again.

"Apologies for the inconvenience, Y/N-San. But do you mind helping me test out this device? As much as I'd like Tsukasa-Kun to do so, he looks a bit..." Kamishiro drifted off, the two of you turned to glance at the mentioned boy. You felt yourself snicker a bit at the scene.

Stood right there was Tenma, trying to stand up from the hard dirty ground whilst Otori laughed her signature 'WAHAHA!' With her feet right on top of his back. Nene & the creepy mascot guy were watching from afar.

"..Occupied. As you can see." You nodded in agreement.

Quickly, the two of you turned back to the original topic at hand. He grabbed a piece of the creation, explaining the purpose of it detailedly. You fought back a smile at his passion for his talent, nodding vigorously each time he spoke.

You felt extremely happy, now that you were finally having a separate conversation with the male at hand. You weren't sure if he just caught on to your urge to speak with him, or if Rui just needed help.

Either way, you were satisfied.

Unfortunately, Time flew by a bit too fast for your liking, because as soon as you started— you had found the two of you finished.

Slight disappointment in your soul made you frown, you swiftly flicked it away as to not worry any of the others. It wasn't that depressing of a reason anyways.

Just as you were about to hop off of the Wonderstage, say goodbye to everyone and exit PXL to go home. a familiar voice made you freeze in place.

"You know Y/N, I'm really happy that I finally got to speak to you." Rui called out, the grip on your schoolbag had suddenly loosened— yet not enough to drop to the floor.

You turned around, "Eh? What do you mean Kamishiro? I see you all of the ti—" "Separately, I mean." Your mouth shaped into an O, realizing the two of you were dealing with the same situation.

Huh, if you knew that before then you would've just approached with no hesitation. Wow that was Ironic, wasn't it?

You smiled, nodding in agreement. "I feel the same way too! We should chat more, Rui. I'd be happy to learn more about you, and everything you create!"

He returned the favor, giving you more of a sincere beam instead of that hint of mischief in his previous smiles. It made your stomach swirl.

"Rui!" A voice interrupted the two of you guys, the gaze you once held flickering away as the the Male turned around to find the voice who called for him. "Ah, coming!"

He quickly ran off, not without turning to face you again and waving. You waved back eagerly, forgetting all about the fact you were going to leave and go home.

"Y/N-San~! ☆" Otori happily yelled from the distance, quickly latching onto your arm as you yelped in deep surprise. "Let's all eat together before you leave!"

You froze at that statement, turning to look at Emu who held a strong truth in her lingering eyes. She was clearly excited, and definitely wanted you to go.

Her eyes sparkled when you nodded, jumping high up in the air as she cheered— only to leave you seconds later to ask the same thing to everyone else. "Rui-Kun! ☆" You heard her say, bursting you out of your thoughts bubble to turn and see that she was eagerly asking the male the same exact question.

From what you could assess, he enjoyably agreed, turning to you with a smile on his face once more.

Huh, looks like you'd be able to talk to Kamishiro again earlier than you thought you would.

—⋆★⋆—

Making drabbles while trying to complete requests! :3
sometimes I wonder how I manage to balance both this book & school, but who cares!