~|4| Diagon Alley~

EXT. STREET - LONDON - DAWN

Iris reads aloud from her list as she trails Hagrid, who draws an eye or two--as a giant in Central London will.

Iris: First-year students will require three sets of plain work robes, one plain pointed hat for day wear, and one pair of dragon-hide gloves.

Hagrid chuckles at a parking meter.

HAGRID: Things these Muggles dream up.

INT. TRAIN - LONDON - DAWN

Iris sits beside Hagrid and continues to read from her list.

Iris: and the following Set Books: The Standard Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk. One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore...

EXT. STREET/LEAKY CAULDRON - LONDON - DAWN

Hagrid leads Iris on, parting the crowd easily.

Iris: 'One wand, one standard Size 2 pewter cauldron, and may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat, or a toad.' (looking up) Can we find all this in London?

Hagrid pauses by a narrow gray door that stands between a bookshop on one side and a record shop on the other.

HAGRID: If yeh know where to go.

INT. LEAKY CAULDRON DAY

A dark, shabby pub. In a corner, some old woman sit drinking, one smoking a pipe as long as her arm. Up front, a tiny man in a top hat talks to the bartender, who resembles a gummy walnut. Iris and Hagrid enter.

BARTENDER: Hagrid! The usual, I presume (spying on Iris) Good Lord. Is this? Can this be her? Bless my soul. It's Iris Potter.

The pub goes quiet. Then. everyone is up and around Iris, their hands holding out their hands and gabbling, while Hagrid looks on, beaming. Slowly, a nervous young man makes his way forward.

"I have never seen it this quiet before." Says Ginny. All of the people from the wizarding world agree with her.

"It's because she is royalty. Bow down, you peasants." George says sarcastically. Then stands up and walks up to her and says "Now what can I do for you my lady," while bowing to Sally trying not to laugh. She looks into his eyes also trying not to laugh but starts to laugh anyway. Then a Marjory of people started to laugh too but George being the loudest.

QUIRRELL: Iris P-P-Potter. C-Can't tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you.

HAGRID: Professor! Didn't see yeh there. Iris, this 'ere's Professor Quirrell. He'll be yer Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.

"What is he going to teach you?" Says Athena. Also, Annabeth is wondering about that too.

"Not a lot." Says Sally.

QUIRRELL: F-F-Fearfully f-fascinating subject. N-Not that you n-need it, eh, P-p-Potter?

Quirrell's eyes flutter nervously over Iris's scar.

HAGRID: Yes, well, must get on. Lots to buy. (as he pulls Iris along) See? Tol' yeh you was famous.

EXT. BACK COURTYARD/LEAKY CAULDRON - MOMENTS LATER

Hagrid taps the bricks of one wall with the tip of his umbrella while Iris stands by, deep in thought.

Iris: Why am I famous, Hagrid? All those people back there. How is it they know who I am?