★Chapter 11★

(I love this gif^^)

"Track down this bounty hunted you must, Obi-Wan." Yoda spoke, looking at the three Jedi standing in the middle of the room.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for." Mace stated.

"What about Senator Amidala?" Obi-Wan asked. "She will still need protecting."

"I can look after her." Astra proposed.

"Hmm.. handle that the Padawan will. Go with Master Kenobi, you will."

Astra nodded her head, glancing at Obi-Wan then back to Master Windu and Master Yoda.

"Anakin." Windu started. "Escort the senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safe there. And don't use registered transportation. Travel as refugees."

"As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the capital." Anakin stated, knowing how stubborn Padmé can be.

"Until caught this killer is, or judgment she must respect."

"Anakin, go to the senate, and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter."

The three of them bowed to the Jedi masters, then turned and headed out the Council Chambers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am concerned for my Padawan." Obi-Wan said, him and Astra walking with Master Yoda and Mace down the halls of the temple. "He is not ready to be given this assignment on his own yet."

"The council is confident in its decision, Obi-Wan." Yoda stated.

"The boy has exceptional skills." Windu stated.

"But he still has much to learn, Master." Obi-Wan says, still doubting Anakin. "His abilities have made him, well, arrogant." They stopped in the middle of the hall.

"Yes, yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi." Yoda pointed out. "Hmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones."

"Remember, Obi-Wan, if the prophecy is true, your apprentice is the only one who can bring the Force back into balance."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shuttle where Padmé and Anakin were getting off to go to her home planet of Naboo. Padmé stood up and headed to the entrance while talking with Captain Typho.

"Be safe, milday."

"Thank you, Captain. Take good care of Dorme. The threats on you two now."

"He'll be safe with me."

"You'll be fine." Padmé assured her.

"It's not me, milady. I worry about you. What if they realize you've left the capital?"

"Well, then my Jedi protector will have to prove how good he is." Padmé smiled, looking behind her then back at Dorme.

"Anakin." Obi-Wan said before Anakin walked off. "Don't do anything without first consulting either myself or the council."

"Yes, Master."

Obi-Wan nodded his head and gently placed his hand in the middle of Astra's back and led her with him to Padmé.

"We'll get to the bottom of this plot quickly, milady. You'll be back here in no time."

"I'll be most grateful for your speed, Master Jedi."

"It's time to go." Anakin said, grabbed the suitcases, and headed out the shuttle.

"I know."

"Anakin, may the Force me with you." Obi-Wan said.

"May the Force be with you, Master and you Astra."

"You as well, Anakin." Astra said with a slight smile.

Anakin and Padmé headed out the shuttle with R2 rolling close behind them.

"I do hope he doesn't try anything foolish." Obi-Wan says as he watches Anakin and Padmé leave.

"I'd br more concerned about her doing something than him." Captain Typho stated.

The shuttle doors closed again, and the three of them went back to their seats, Astra looked out the window, then turned her head seeing Obi-Wan sitting next to her.

"So, where to next?" Astra asks, looking at Obi-Wan's ocean blue eyes.

"We are going to see an old friend of mine that I believe can help us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astra and Obi-Wan entered a local diner that was a bit busy, called Dexter's Diner. When they walked in, they were greeted by a female droid.

"Someone to see ya, honey!" She yells as she watched Astra and Obi-Wan walk through the doors. "Jedi, by the looks of them."

"Obi-Wan!" Dex says as he appears from behind the counter.

"Hello, Dex." Obi-Wan said happily with a smile. Fidgeting with the toxic dart he's holding in his hands.

Astra looked up at Obi-Wan and faintly smiled, seeing the smile on his face, before looking back at Dex.

"Take a seat. I'll be right with ya."

Obi-Wan nodded his head and put his hand on Astra's left shoulder blade, guiding her over to one of the booths.

"You two wanna cup o' Jawa juice?" The droid asks.

"Oh, yes. Thank you." Obi-Wan says.

Obi-Wan guides Astra to the booth and sits her down closest to the window. He took his hand off her back and sat down next to her. Right as he sat down, he stood back up as Dex came over to them.

"Hey, old buddy!" Dex says happily as he walked up to them.

Obi-Wan came closer to Dex and hugged him, the two of them chuckling at each other.
The two broke the hug and sat down at the booth with Astra.

"So, who's your friend here, Obi-Wan?"

"This is Astra Rose. An old friend of mine."

"Hello." Astra says and looks at Dex.

"Well, ain't she just a beauty." Dex says as she compliments Astra. "Anyways, my friend, what can I do for ya?"

"Your van tell us what this is." Obi-Wan says, and shows Dex the toxic dart, then places it down on the table.

"Well.. whattaya know! I ain't seen one of these since I was prospectin' on Subterrel, beyond the outer rim."

"Can you tell me where it came from? Thank you." Obi-Wan says then thanks the droid as she places their cups on the table.

"This baby belongs to them cloners. What you got here is a Kamino saberdart."

"I wonder why it didn't show up in the analysis archives."

"It's these funny little cuts on the side that give it away. Those analysis droids only focus on symbols. Huh! I should think that you Jedi would have more respect for the difference between knowledge and.. wisdom."

"Well, if droids could think there would be none of us here, would there?"

"Kamino. I'm not familiar with it. Is it in the Republic?" Astra asks as she looks at the dart.

"No, no. It's beyond the outer rim. I'd say about, uh, 12 parsecs, outside the Risi Maze. Should be easy to find, even with those droids in your archives. These, uh, Kaminoans keep to themselves. They're cloners. Damn good ones, too."

"Cloners? Are they friendly?"

"Oh, depends."

"Depends on what, Dex?" Obi-Wan asks."

"On how good your manner are.. and how big your, uh, pocketbook is."

Obi-Wan smiles and picks the dart back up in his fingers and looks at it a bit closer as it got silent.