Chapter 3: Talking

You start to wake up and hear your mom talking to your dad. "You should have seen her when I got there. She was terrified."

"It's to be expected. This is a new place. New people. And who knows if anyone here saw the news since it was a huge deal." Your dad says. 

"Cecil, I don't know if having her there at school is beneficial. It might be better if we home school her for the year so she can get therapy."

"Lisa, you know just as well as I do that she needs the social interaction. That's why we moved here, so she can be around Berry and Sugar."

"We should ask her what she wants."

"We should do what's best for her." At your parents arguing you groan and it stops. "(Y/N) are you waking up?" You dad asks.

"Yeah… can I get something to drink?" You say as you open your eyes. Your mom goes to get it for you and your dad sits on the edge of the bed.

"Can we talk?"

"You mean about if I think I should stay in school." You said the question as a statement. "It's overwhelming I'll admit. Is it possible for me to work my way up to being there the full day?"

"Yes, we can do that but I'd also like to talk about what happened 6 months ago."

"What's there to talk about? You know the story. George sliced me up barely missing major arteries then crucified me to the flagpole at my old school. There's nothing more to talk about." You say flatly. George was your ex boyfriend who almost murdered you after you refused to cut off contact with Sugar and Berry. It made headlines all over the country.

"Why do you think-" just then your mom walks back in with a glass of water. You take it and start drinking it.

"Cecil, now isn't the time to be bringing that up." She says. 

"Fine, I'll drop it for now." He says with a sigh and gets up. "I'll call and let the others know that you're okay." After that he leaves and you look at your mom. 

"I wanna stay in school. But maybe work up to being in the building full time." She smiles and pats you on the head.

"Of course honey. We'll get to work on that." She says and then gets a call. "Oh it's Luna. Hello. Yes she's awake. I know those two were worried. Yes, she'll be at school for the morning tomorrow. I get that they're worried but she does need some space." You get up as she's talking and go to grab a change of clothing and take a shower. Before the incident you were more of a goth girl and still have a lot of that clothing. You were used to the scars you have now just not wanting others to see then. So the outfit you picked was a red strapless crop top that had straps around the middle and decorative ones around the chest, black leather shorts, red thigh highs, a black cropped leather jacket, a skull belt, a garter with a heart and knee high leather boots.

 So the outfit you picked was a red strapless crop top that had straps around the middle and decorative ones around the chest, black leather shorts, red thigh highs, a black cropped leather jacket, a skull belt, a garter with a heart and knee high...

After brushing your hair out you leave the bathroom and go downstairs. Your house had a big hedge line surrounding it so you went out into the back yard. You sigh as you lie in the grass and try to relax when you hear the sound of heavy footsteps. You had just enough time to think 'oh no' before being pounced by Berry.
"(Y/N)! I was so worried! Are you okay?" She stares down at you and you smile some.
"I'm okay Berry. Just needed some time." You say with a forced laugh. Then you hear a gasp from behind her. You look over and see Sugar with their mom Luna. You feel yourself get pale and laugh nervously. "Let me go change, okay?" You manage to get Berry off of you and make your way towards the door. You just switched your jacket for a thin black hoodie and zipped it up before going back outside. Luna just walked over and gave you a big hug.
"(Y/N), it's been so long since we've seen you. How have you been?" She asks then gives you a skeletal kiss on the head. You look at her surprised that she never said anything about the new scars that started at the center of your throat.
"I'm alright I guess."
"I hear you got overwhelmed and pushed Dream over earlier." You blush and look away at that.
"My mental health has been better… and I didn't know who was touching me. I didn't hurt him, right?" You look up at her with questioning eyes.
"He's fine. Was a bit shocked but not a scratch on him." Sugar says and you flash him a smile.
"That's good. I don't want to hurt anyone…" you trail off. You notice Berry walking up to your right side and you give her a smile. She reaches up and touches your neck. You look at her with fear in your eyes.
"This is fairly recent… what happened?" She asks and you tear up. You pull out your phone and pull up an article. You hand her your phone and look away. "This was you?..." she asks and you nod some. She growls at that and you jump. "What happened to him?" You look at her with fear.
"Berry! Don't make her scared. You know better than that. What would your father say?" Luna scolds her.
"MOM THIS JERK HURT HER BAD! HOW CAN I NOT GET MAD AT IT?" She shoves your phone at her mom. Luna looks it over and sighs.
"We watched this story pretty closely since it happened back home. Don't you remember what happened?" Berry thinks and shakes her head. "Well-" you cut her off then.
"He's going on trial in 3 months… back home made me panic too much…. Too many people stared at me…. We had to leave… and I know it's My fault… sorry for interrupting...." suddenly you're hugged tightly from your left side and look to see Sugar hugging you and closing his eye sockets tightly.
"Why did that happen?" He asks lowly.
"He… he was my boyfriend… he hates monsters… when he found out that you two were monsters he demanded I stop talking to you… I wouldn't… so he did… did that…" you say softly. You see a flash of orange and you look up to see Sugar's left eye socket light up. You reach up and pat his cheek. "Calm down… things will work out."
"BROTHER, THINGS WILL GET DEALT WITH."
"Yeah, exactly. So don't be too mad. Physically nothing too bad happened and no lasting damage other than the scars." You say.
"What about the psychological scars?" He says and you fall silent for a moment.
"You guys help with that."
"BUT YOU STILL GET FREAKED OUT EASILY." Berry says. You laugh at that.
"Yeah I do. And I don't know if I'll ever be able to date again but that's not too bad." You give them all a big smile.
"Ah, it's good to see that you're relaxing (Y/N)." Your dad says. You turn and give him a smile.
"These two idiots are impossible to be upset around." You say. Your dad chuckles.
"I just got off the phone with the principal, he says it's fine for you to work your way up to full days at school as long as you don't fall behind in your afternoon subjects. We'll work out a way for you to get the tests and notes but you'll be completely responsible for the projects." He says so you give a bigger smile. He blinks and chuckles. "Hello kids. Hello Luna."
"Hello." They all say back.
"Sorry to intrude like this. The kids were worried about her."
"It's fine Luna. She needs her friends around."
"I completely agree. Should we go inside and chat while the kids spend time together "
"That would be an amazing idea." Your dad says and they go inside. You spend the rest of the evening talking with your friends and they all end up sleeping over at your house.