Introduction

༻❁༺

༻❁༺

Elizabeth Windsor was an incomplete puzzle. She was a riddle, a haunting mystery, a complicated ballad, and an imminent storm. Her last piece was locked into a safe, simply transforming into a broken disturbance as the seasons changed.

Being the eldest daughter out of her two sisters mounted the pressure of marriage onto her shoulders. By marrying an accomplished gentleman, she would pave a path for them, allowing them to find husbands in a much simpler and solidifying way. If her season went perfect, her flowers would bloom like her.

When her father, Lord Alexander Windsor, passed away, his death did not only leave the four women broken and unprotected, but also in grand debt. All of their properties had to be sold – even their most treasured manor in Paris, resulting in the family relocating to their only estate in London.

She had always known marriage was inevitable. It is one of the reasons as to why she spent her entire childhood and blossoming years preparing for her debut. Despite her disdain over societal rules, she learned everything there is to know. Various languages, dances, literature, mathematics, everything. The more she knew, the more qualified she'd be to prepare her sisters.

Her family needed her. They needed her marriage more than they needed air to breathe. They might not admit it, but signing her name to a binding contract would be their salvation. Doors would open, opportunities would be granted, pleasures would be obtained, and most importantly, their fortune would start prospering.

Witnessing her parents' love made her want to seek a love filled marriage. It was something out of a fairytale, one that felt marvelous and granted her the air to breathe. She wanted love, but when losing her father and becoming aware of the harsh realities of life, she settled for a loveless marriage.

It would be easier to make a business transaction, easier to marry quicker, and easier to lose when either of them passed on to the afterlife. She witnessed the sheer heartbreak of her mother and settled that pain would not have a part in her marriage. If she never fell in love, everything would be simpler.

Moving to London would grant her what she sought after. It would be a fresh start for her and her family. New beginnings, new connections, and new reputations.

If only she knew finding a husband would prove to be harder, especially when her puzzle becomes completed by Anthony Bridgerton.

Author's Note

A Bridgerton fic? I think yes 🙌🏼

I've been rewatching Bridgerton nonstop & just had the impulse to write this story that's been on my mind for a while.

This will only cover season 2 and the trope will be enemies to lovers, but there will a mix of season 1's trope as well 🤭

Hope you guys like the story!