Part 1: Prologue

Once upon a time, a long time ago there were two proud kingdoms, the Mist Kingdom and the Wind Kingdom, that cohabited a vast, hidden island of Japan called "Kimetsujima" 鬼滅島. They were divided by a great, wide river they called the Milky Way River 天の川 because of how it beautifully reflected the night sky. They coexisted peacefully alongside each other for the most part, the locals friendly with one another, trading goods and bonding over the latest gossip. Though they shared a close sort of rivalry, teasing and challenging one another, there were no significant disputes between the two nations that caused real wars.

The Mist Kingdom was located on the west side of Kimetsujima, its diamond-blue castle sitting in the centre of the community, with bustling market stands surrounding the circumference of the castle, with grand villages dotting the landscape around it. The climate there was colder, with constant mist surrounding the local area due to its high altitude in the mountains. The residents, however, are accumulated to this sort of weather and use it to their advantage and utilise the unstable weather for their convenience.

This kingdom was led by the Tokitos, Yuuko 優子 and Mitsuru 満. They were fair rulers, kind and thoughtful but also the right amount of cunning and smart, and they were able to run their kingdom smoothly when they came to power, earning the respect of the community. Later in their rule, they had two twin brothers: Tokito Muichiro and Yuichiro. They were both pampered and spoiled as kids and as they reached adulthood it wasn't a surprise when they turned out a little standoffish. However, despite their slight brattiness, they were still genuine and kind to the lower ranks and strived to lead their kingdom with pride. Yuichiro was more rambunctious and adventurous which was admired, while Muichiro was more laid-back and docile, which was approved of(though their sharp tongues offended many of the elders).

On the East side of Kimetsujima, the Wind Kingdom resides. The kingdom itself sits in a valley, the castle sitting at the top and the resident's houses were left to trickle down the ravine. The gap in the earth had created a strong active wind tunnel that channeled wind regularly that helped power the Wing Kingdoms machines and utilities. Dotted around the flat land near the top (where the castle is) are windmills, churning the air to provide their village with the energy that they need. The climate there was always windy and it was constantly bringing the warm air from the sky, trapping the warmth down into the ravine.
This has caused the residents to design clothes that showed a little more skin, and the material was much lighter. It was led by the sole Queen Shinazugawa Shizu 不死川 志津, a wonderful queen who sought equality above everything else, constantly making sure the poorer people in the social hierarchy had some money to fall back on in case they needed it. Her castle leaned towards Japan's older designs, with wooden walls and traditional furniture, (Looks like Himeji castle) though they still had the same facilities and functionality of the Mist Kingdoms more modernistic approach to life. Their castle looked more western, with polished terracotta and concrete walls, grand decorations adorning each room.

She had 7 kids, Koto, Shuya, Hiroshi, Teiko, Sumi, Genya and Sanemi. (youngest to oldest)

The youngest princes and princesses are adored by everyone in the kingdom and are always showered with praise and love. The two oldest princes, though still admired, scared the majority of the community because of their rough appearance and impatience - however, it was known that they were actually very kind to those who had the courage to actually talk to them.

- - -

It was tradition for both kingdoms for the oldest princes and princesses, once of age (18) must find a lifelong partner, and once chosen they would have a marriage ceremony and then be sent out on their own either choose to rule the kingdom, or go out and live their own life and chase their dreams. Because both Mist and Wind kingdoms had enough successors to spare, the betrothed pair would be able to choose what they wanted to do. This was to please each of their gods: The Mist God and the Wind Goddess, and if the kingdoms successfully officiate a match, the whole nation would receive a blessing through the kingdom treasure (the Mists' being a crystal orb atop an adorned stand and the Winds' being an ornate crown) A blessing could be good crops that year, or better protection against enemies beyond the Mist Mountains - granted, there were only small groups of bandits and thieves known by the kingdoms, and sometimes tried to infiltrate the castles in hopes to raid them; they have never succeeded as they were quite pathetic (L)

However, this generation has a special exception to this rule. Unfortunately for the Queen, no matter how hard she tried to keep it a secret, the entirety of the Wind Kingdom has noticed over time that the two oldest princes, Genya and Sanemi don't seem to be interested in marriage. At all. They had both been pushed onto dates, Queen Shizu setting them up with other rich men and women from the minor royalty groups in hopes of coaxing them into seriously dating somebody, but so far neither showed any interest whatsoever. It was extremely stressful for everybody involved - no matter what they tried to say to the brothers or however many times they would shoo them off to enjoy a romantic getaway with a hot babe (wow), they would refuse to pursue anybody romantically.

It had been years of matchmaking but the Shinazugawa brothers, now 21 and 26, had not budged - Queen Shizu was getting quite worried for her sons and was paranoid that the Wind God would grow angry because there was no marriage to give a blessing to. Eventually, in an act of desperation, she contacted the Mist Kingdom to see if they had anyone suitable for her sons. She was delighted to find out that the Tokito twin princes were of age, both being 19 - King and Queen Mitsuru and Yuuko had informed Shizu that they also found themselves struggling to find partners for the feisty brothers as well.

This seemed like a perfect opportunity for the two Kingdoms; their youngest sons (who are of age) getting together would look good for both kingdoms, and the shared inherited money would also benefit each community. The oldest sons...well the royal leaders would have to keep working on that one.

The only problem was that said youngest sons had no say in the situation...and they were suddenly thrust together, a betrothed marriage they both had to deal with.