Matsuri (Part I)

Muichiro's POV:

The first thing Muichiro could hear when he woke up was a Mozart piece played on an organ, the tragic melody mournfully piercing his ears. The irritating sound found its way into his room somehow (again, may Muichiro add) which jostled our disgruntled sleeping beauty awake.

It still amazes him how the people who ran a castle this size couldn't figure out how to soundproof their walls. Bunch of idiots, they were.

Soft morning sunlight dotted the Mist Prince's king-sized mattress as the disturbed man groaned and shifted his position in the bed, reaching out from his warm duvet to grab a pillow to cover his face.

By the Mist God. Can a guy not sleep in after a long night of ass-kissing and dancing with his arranged husband? Give me a break. Muichiro thought mutinously, nuzzling his face into the plush pillow to try and block out the cheery sun. It was probably still pretty early based on the dimness of the light, and that couldn't be more unfortunate for the prince, because he would need sleep for the event yet to come.

That's right! Yet another activity for me and my "boyfriend" to do together! Because we obviously need the bonding time, he thought with mocking cheerfulness. Why do my parents keep doing this to me? Springing up unexpected plans with that slimy Shinazugawa all the time. Don't they get bored of it?

Muichiro rolled his shoulders experimentally and heard a satisfying pop, briefly mentally celebrating to himself before he let out a resigned sigh, sitting back on the sheets. He was going to have to wake up, wasn't he? He could feel his drowsiness ebbing away rapidly the more he thought about the Wind Prince. Goddammit.

Grumbling to himself, the Mist Prince ungraciously heaved himself upwards, his tousled bi-coloured hair sticking up every which way, and swung his legs around to dangle them off of the edge of his bed.

Why can't I stop thinking about him?

Muichiro's eyes were squinted against the sunlight as he hauled himself onto his feet and trudged towards his grand bathroom, stepping onto the cold, white-tiled floor.

He found yesterday's event quite conflicting, mind reeling at all of the rushing thoughts that poured in whenever he tried to think about it.

Shinazugawa was too informal, as expected. My plan to try and trigger a moral clause is still possible, I know it. Muichiro thought with conviction, Though...the dance itself wasn't too bad...I guess.

Against his will, his face warmed with anger as he recalled the moment they shared that night, his own clear blue eyes meeting void lavender ones as they swayed in unison. His eyes were ardent, seeming to hold so much emotion, but Muichiro couldn't quite name, let alone place them. What did it all mean?

The Mist Prince shook his head violently and tried to put the Shinazugawa out of his mind, determinedly choosing to ignore his fluster and played dumb.

Well, regardless he still sucks. I won't comply with my parents' wishes tonight - I'm going to make sure my 'husband' hates me by the end of it.

The prince reached the mirror and flicked the harsh bathroom light onto his left. He glanced at the mirror. A tired man with dark circles on his face like he had soot smeared under his eyes stared gauntly back at him.

This is just great. I look like a giant panda with these. The Mist Prince clicked his tongue irritably, experimentally tugging at his bottom lids with his pale fingers. Luckily for him, Muichiro remembered that he had some products that could cover them up.

And so, he turned on the tap and washed his face, feeling the contrast of the cool water splash against his warm skin as he listened to the constant droning of the active pipes.