Part 3: Meeting

Muichiros POV:

The candle-lit grand hallway that led up to his parent's meeting room loomed before Muichiro as he stalked down the corridor, barely glancing at the gigantic silver-framed photographs that hung on the wall as he passed them.

The sun was just beginning to set, the air outside of the building cooling as the day came to a close.
The white concrete walls danced with shadows cast by the active wicks that crackled and flickered when Muichiro rushed past them, grey pillars engraved into the wall shining vividly. The frosted wedding cake of the ceiling twisted up in complicated swirls of marble, forming a mandala-like shape at the middle of each section of the ceiling, patterns ending to support the bases of the fragile silver chandeliers that hung overhead.

The youngest Tokito twin was in his formal attire, a dark suit against a soft white collared shirt,  epaulette hanging from his shoulder blade that had intricate designs sowed onto the grey fabric. Chains and jewellery hung from every which direction that jangled as he walked, long black flared pants flapping against his vigorous legs, footsteps echoing throughout the empty corridor.

It had been two days since he heard the tragic news of his arranged marriage, spending that period of time moping around in his room and complaining to his tired older brother about how huffed he was. Yuichiro, personally, wasn't too worried about the husband as he knew Muichiro could defend himself fine, both physically and verbally. But he let his little brother rant about his mystery partner, his way of supporting his distressed brother consisted mostly of taunting him every time he whines about his situation.

That was all Muichiro could do; complain to his counterpart because his bloody parents were too damn busy to give their son the time of day, every time the prince tried to talk to them when he came across them in the halls it was all:

"Sorry, son. I'm working right now, ah – maybe in the afternoon we can talk."

"Sorry dear, I have to rush off to talk to my executive! You know how high-strung Kocho can be about timing."

So now the youngest prince was marching
determinedly to his parent's meeting room, knowing from a passerby servant that they were currently in there 'talking financially'. Muichiro could not give a rat's ass about that and felt absolutely no remorse interrupting them; his future was at stake here! Their little brainstorm can wait.

The Mist Kingdom prince paused when he reached the tall marble door, glancing at the decorative tall candle stands flanking the entrance and staring into the flames before inhaling deeply and turning the platinum knob.

Muichiro quietly stepped inside and closed the door behind him with a soft thump as he stared apprehensively at the narrow room. There was only a long table made of polished wood accented with white accents that were surrounded by countless matching white wooden chairs, the only ones occupied were the two chairs that sat at opposite ends of the table. The main light source was the signature Tokito chandelier, silver whirls and bits of metal hanging from the ceiling to serenade business discussions, the plain walls surrounding him situated a few candles supported by their holders.

Muichiro personally thought that the candles were a little on the nose: they did have electricity, after all, powered by the Wind Kingdom. Perhaps his parents wanted to keep the authenticity of the 'good old days' or perhaps were too proud to use the energy, and trying to refrain from using as little as possible to prove how independent they were. How ludicrous - why don't they just screw some lightbulbs in and call it a day? At least you wouldn't have to re-light each individual candle every single day.

A loud clatter drew Muichiro's attention down towards the gaudy table and he saw that the sound was his mother's clipping board dropping onto the table with shock as both his parents stared at their intruding son, mouths agape.