We've got each other

Day X

In the middle of that chaos, I remembered that the night before the two people that distracted me the most, confessed their feelings for me... but I had other plans. Of course if you think about it, there's never a good day for a heist. Looking towards Rio who is sitting next to me with his Laptop, I calmed myself down. I know I am not the only sibling involved with feelings, but what I didn't know was that my little brother proposed to Tokyo the night before.

I feel the truck starting to move. "here goes nothing..." Rio grabs my hand.

"Our little lamb just entered." I hear Tokyo's voice through my ear piece. "Perfect." The professor answers "Berlin, your turn." The truck slows down until we come to a stop. I watch Rio searching for cameras on his laptop. "Berlin, watch out there's a camera on your left." It's interesting to see his POV on a heist, as I was always on the other end before. After that we start climbing inside the giant paper rolls to hide. I can hear my brothers voice and his rapid typing on the keyboard "1...2..."

"Ready Tokyo?" the professor asks. "3..." I hear a pling and a "Yes!" from Rio. "Alarms are disconnected."

"Now." The Professor gives the sign for Nairobi and Tokyo to enter the Mint. In the meantime, I can hear the squeaking of the truck doors and the peeping of the forklift. Closing my eyes I take a deep breath. I can't help but think about my conversation with Nairobi a couple of nights ago. We were drinking and danced together with Tokyo, and after she left – probably to see my brother – we were laying on her bed staring at the ceiling of her room.

"Are you scared? Venice turned her head to Nairobi, looking at her intensely. "I am scared... scared for Rio, for Tokyo, for you and the others... I'm afraid that I'll mess everything up."

"Why would you think that?" Confused Nairobi furrowed her eyebrows and leaned on her elbow to be able to look at the woman she had learned to love like not other over the past five month.

"I think you already know, don't you? You read me like an open book. I'm afraid that my feelings and worries will get in the way, or that, in the end, I'm not ready to pull off something this big. Sure I've pulled off some deals and bank heists with Rio, but nothing has ever been as big as this one."

"Have they talked to you about it? Confessed their feelings or made the first move in any way?" Venice shook her head "No? Well, let me tell you, my dear. You don't need a guy, especially no one, that's like a testosterone-fuelled ape or someone who reminds me of Squilliam Fancyson from SpongeBob. Everyone can see Denver and Berlin giving you heart eyes, but if they're not the ines making a move, it's their loss. You're a queen, girl, just look at yourself. You might not see it, but you easily outshine me and Tokyo by a mile! Respectfully, if you weren't like a sister to me, I wouldn't push you off the bed." Venice had to suppress a laugh during her little speech. "I'm serious Venice. The Professor's rules exist for a reason, and I know you're smart enough not to break them, and you haven't and won't. Among everyone in this house, I think you're the most emotionally intelligent person – apart from me, of course. My dear, what do you want with a hothead and someone who has the stick so far up his ass that he's giving the Professor a run for his money? I suggest you try to ignore or forget about those feelings of yours, and if you realize during or after the heist, that it's not working, you can still figure out what you feel for them. But don't endanger yourself because two idiots can't figure out how to control their dicks."

"Thank you, Nairobi... really." Both women smile at each other. "But to clear things up, I'm not up for the whole drama. I found these triangle love stories too exhausting in movies and books, and standing in the middle of one is too much for me. Let them sort each other out or settle their weird territorial disputes... but I have better things to do and need to carve my own path." Venice smirked while Nairobi laughed.