Reunions, Reconciliation amd Court Cases.

When I walked back into my sister's house, I was met with rows of clothes neatly hung on portable cloth hangers.
"Ava cariño, you're back!" I heard my sister scream excitedly from somewhere in the living room but I couldn't see her from behind the multitude of cloth racks. I had no idea how she knew it was me. Ever since our fight yesterday, she'd stayed locked up in her room obviously avoiding me, so I was a little surprised that she was excited about seeing me.

Her husband walked in from behind me, dressed in a blue silk two piece, stopping short when he saw me, a cloth rack in front of him. "Ava!" he exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. I stood stiffly, not returning the hug because he had blown my sister off for the past two weeks and may or may not be cheating. Even though I had hurt her too, I wasn't particularly trusting of him at the moment. He released me, and if he'd noticed I hadn't hug him back, he didn't say anything about it, pushing the rack past me.

"Ava!" my sister called again and I made my way through the sea of clothes and followed where I heard her voice coming from, careful not to touch the clothes as I passed, they looked ridiculously expensive.

I found her skimming through the clothes in front of her. "How do I look?"
She stopped to face me and asked with an ear splitting grin on her face, gesturing to the sequinned navy blue floor length dress she was wearing.
"You didn't ask your fashion designer husband, you're asking me whose taste in fashion you question all the time?"
"Yes."

"Speaking of said husband," - I stopped to make sure he wasn't in the living room before I continued, but she didn't let me.
"Answer the question, Ava!" she said, impatiently, the smile slipping from her face.

I took her in, the neckline was sitting just at the edge of her shoulders, revealing a little cleavage. The dress was cinched at the waist, accentuating her wide hips. The length was almost sweeping the floor, making her look even taller than she already was. She wore a pair of blue black stiletto heels. Her face was made up to perfection, her ears donned with a pair of diamond earrings with it's matching necklace.

"You look absolutely stunning!"
She nodded while replying "I know, I know."
"Are you going for a dinner?"
"Yes."
"What's all this then?" I asked motioning to the abundance of clothes.
"It's my birthday gift, from Daxton," she squealed.
"Your birthday was last month." I said, matter of factly.
"Yes, but apparently, he's been working on it for months. It wasn't ready in time for my birthday but it's ready now."
"Was that why he missed your birthday?" I asked.

"Yes. He wasn't home because he was working on this." she said, gesturing to the racks of clothes. "He came home close to midnight apologizing profusely. He'd said he was working on a clothing line and I had been royally pissed because..."
"You thought he was getting carried away with his business and no longer making you a priority. You said it was around the time he started acting suspicious." I finished for her.

"Yes, he made this clothing line in partnership with Selva Negra," she paused dramatically, probably waiting for a reaction from me by the name drop but the blank stare I gave her was what she needed to know I had no idea who that was. She replied with an eye roll.

"They're a popular Latina-owned fashion brand here in LA. He partnered with them to make me my own clothing line for my birthday. They don't usually make dinner dresses but they did, for me. He did it because of our Latina heritage." She finished, smiling. She was referring to the fact that our dad was Mexican.
"That's.... Wow." I was lost for words.
"I know!" She said, sounding like Monica from FRIENDS.

"But he's been in New York all this while." I said, carefully perusing some of the dresses on the row to my left.
"That's the thing, he hasn't. He got back from New York over a week ago as planned and has been here all along, finishing up the line."
"So, he's not..." I trailed off.
"No, he's not." She said, tears springing down her cheeks .