Hunter X Artificer

-{Requested by HuntieHunterSlime}-

                                               -{This oneshot contains fluff}-

                              -{I consider Hunter a male, and Arti a female.}-

It was a normal cycle for Hunter, a perilous journey riddled with lizards and king vultures, equipped with two spears and a goal in mind, hunter had taken a specific route, venturing through farm arrays and up to sky islands, making his way to the chimney canopy, now he was face to face with yet another hurtle, the dangerous wall, a large climb to metropolis, where an echo resides.

Hunter would exhale and pick his spears up off of the shelter floor, placing one on his back as he grips the other in his paw, sliding down the opening, dropping down and beginning to walk, ascending a pole, stepping onto a ledge with a pipe, which he would dive through, having to crawl out of a narrow passage, ascending more poles, traversing the large metal structure, knowing one wrong move would make him meet his unfortunate demise.

After what felt like hours of climbing, hunter reached an interesting area, one filled with dozens of batflies, which wouldn't do much to satiate his hunger, but it would be a start, Hunter would throw his spear upwards, skewering a couple of the airborne critters, followed by Hunter leaping up and grabbing down the spear, pulling the batflies off of the spear, munching on them hungrily.

Hunter would exhale, ascending the pole just a few feet away before entering yet another pipe, popping out the other side, a white lizard lying in wait, luckily facing away from Hunter, who would notice and spear the poor thing, the sharp stick being driven through its chest with great force, the lizard dropping off of where it had perched. Hunter would climb up and feast on the slain prey, tearing into it aggressively, ruining the body, leaving blood splattered around the surrounding area, the deep crimson liquid seeping through cracks, Hunter wipes his mouth, his appetite soothed for the cycle.

Hunter would continue his climb, hopping from pole to pole, after a while. he would feel small droplets of rain, each making a light sound as they collied with the ground, Hunter, unable to locate a shelter, had to continue his climb in hopes of finding one before the eventual torrent of relentless rage rained down upon him and his surroundings. Hunter would pick up the pace, darting up and around, coming to a closed space with yet another pole to climb, which he would, being met with a shelter, his eyes lit up as he darted for it, taking in a deep breath, finally able to relax, but not before another slugcat darts through the closing mechanical doors, bumping into Hunter lightly.

The two would stare face to face, Hunter pinned down by a maroon slugcat, her left eye scarred, her fur semi-burnt and wet, matted against her body, she would jump back, pressing against the shelter wall, sizing up Hunter as she snarls, Hunter, in response, would back up too, pressing his body against the opposing wall, his gaze shifting around the cramped space. After minutes of silence, each moment filled with tension, the female slugcat's gaze never leaving his, Hunter would eventually clear his throat and speak.

"Uh, hello there, I'm Hunter, and you are?"

Hunter asks, the other remaining silent, a cold gaze still fixated upon him, never faltering, time would continue to go on, the heavy pounding of rain very much present outside the shelter, Hunter would do his best to make an advance, trying to ease the tension.

"Sooo, not much of a talker I guess?"

Hunter says jokingly, scratching the back of his head, the maroon slugcat would grumble and finally respond.

"Artificer, my name is Artificer, okay? Can we just finish this damn cycle?"

Hunter's ears droop slightly and he nods, the both of them curling up on opposite sides of the shelter, the two would rest for a while, Hunter, would be having a great rest, Artificer on the other hand, would be trembling, hissing and making incomprehensible noises, alerting Hunter, causing him to lazily wake up, staring at the female with slight worry, Hunter would stand up and walk over to her, settling down next to her as he places his tail over her body, pulling her body close to his.

Artificer would tense up for a second before relaxing, falling silent, uncurling and rolling over, nuzzling into Hunter's chest, inhaling softly, Hunter would remain still, his eyes slowly closing, his body slumping as he falls asleep once more, the two of them cuddling through the rest of the cycle.

(There you go, hope you like it, because I did, I'm not too good at writing as shown by my one actual book I made, but I'm trying to improve, so feedback is very much appreciated!)