Meeting DK!

(You all should know the Super Mario Bros movie until this part :3 EXCEPT Cranky Kong never received Mario's name until the scene)

Mario's POV.

I can't believe that I have to fight Donkey Kong. I watched him showboat and rolled my eyes.

I felt a slight smile creep onto my face as his dad also groaned. "Simmer down, everyone. I SAID SIMMER DOWN! That means you, too, Diddy Kong." Cranky Kong said.

A small ape sat down and looked kinda embarrassed.

"I have placed power ups around the arena. You're welcome, challenger." Cranky Kong said.

"I don't need anything special to break every. Bone. In his. Tiny. Body!" Donkey Kong said.

No one's POV.

Mario gulped and got in a fighting stance before taking a deep breath. He immediately felt ready but extremely small.

"Let's-a go." He said to himself.

(Fight scene from movie happens and gets punched up, but this time Peach hadn't said anything. She knew Donkey Kong was gonna ask for his name, as he did before he almost beat someone in THE GREAT RING OF KONG!)

Mario fell down and fell onto the metal in front of Donkey Kong.

He picked him up by the collar of his shirt. "Had enough?" He asked.

Mario looked up at him. "Not. Even. Close." He said, clearly exhausted and beaten up.

He chuckled, knowing he basically won. "What's your name, human?" He asked.

He took a painful, shaky breath. "My name? I'm M-M-Mario." He said before fainting hanging from his arm since he still had his shirt in his fist.

Donkey Kong's POV.

Mario?! I just fought my soulmate?! Dad's so gonna have an earful!

I placed him in my left arm and walked away from that spot. "I won! You can leave now." I said.

They all left. Dad came over to me. Nobody heard his name, but me.

No one's POV.

"What was that about? Why is he in your arms?" He asked. "You were supposed to beat him, not help him after! You've never done this before! What's wrong with you?!" Cranky Kong asked.

"Dad! Please?! He's Mario!" He said. His dad just stood there dumbfounded. "My soulmate?" Donkey Kong said.

"Wait, that is Mario?! He asked. Donkey Kong nodded. "THE MARIO?!" He asked.

"YES!" Donkey Kong yelled back. His yelling caused Mario to stir awake.

He blinked his eyes open. "Why are you yelling?" He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

Donkey Kong felt his heartbeat quicken. He was just too adorable.

Donkey Kong wanted to know if he knew about soulmates. His dad had already left.

"Do you know about soulmates?" He asked.

Mario removed his hands from his eyes. "You mean like in the fairytales?" He asked.

Donkey Kong smiled a bit. "I mean, I guess? How about the real soulmates that are here?" He asked.

He smiled when Mario shook his head. "Wait, why am I in your arms?" He asked.

Donkey Kong chuckled. "You fainted. So, I decided to be your knight in shining armor." He said.

Mario raised a brow at him. "If I didn't know any better, it would sound as if you're flirting with me." Mario said.

Donkey Kong decided to check something. "Have you ever had a name on your wrist before?" He asked.

As Mario shook his head, Donkey Kong removed his gloves. One of his wrists had black ink that wrote Donkey Kong.

Mario looked dumbfounded. "You're adorable. I'm lucky that you're my soulmate. I will make sure that you know that you're my soulmate." Donkey Kong said. "By the way, you can call me DK." He said.