Chapter 23

"Do you want to eat something specifically? I'll order anything you want."

"I don't know, father. Everything looks good here, especially the stew." Eunjin said while leaning both of hands on the table while looking at the paper laid with different dishes.

"Take your time, Eunjin-ah, okay?" I smiled as I shuffle his soft black hair that he inherited from his father.

I stopped what I was doing as I hear footsteps. They were very familiar to me, the sound of their heels clicking against the ground was something I always hear as a kid before. I looked up and as soon as our eyes met, I felt the stiffening aura that's building up between the both of us.

She looked at me with seriousness in her face. I could not describe what it was, but there was rage, nostalgia, pity, and those feelings that I thought some person who did not meet for years could feel was in her eyes.

Her eyes suddenly shifted to Eunjin's direction. Her brows raised a bit as she looked at the small being beside me.

"Jae Hwa.." I called her name, my younger sister.

She sat down in front of us. Her breath was the only thing she responded as I called her name. She carefully took the tea in front of her and took a sip out of it.

"How have you been?" I asked while carefully reading her face.

"I've been... fine here alone, hyung. How about you?" She snapped her neck and breathed out heavily. "Actually... let's stop talking about those things, can we? I know that you did not care less about us here. And I could care less about where you have been these years except that the old man has been making my ass work to just know where you were."

"I'm sorry." 

Those were the only things I could say. I am embarrassed, ashamed even. I was selfish, there was guilt somehow, I can't deny that. But it was the freedom that I wanted. Somehow, thanks for fleeing, I was free.

"Why, Jungwon-hyung? Why after those 12 years have you come back here and showed your face after running away?"

I looked up to her and said, "I need your help."

She placed the cup back to the table and raised her brows again. She scoffed at me.

"Really? Help you with what?" She looked at Eunjin and then back at my eyes again. "Who is this child? Are you asking for my help because of him? Do you need our family's fortune? Our power?"

I knew that even though Eunjin was just eating the biscuits at the table, he could understand what we are talking about. He kept himself busy. The situation before us is something I need to carefully examine and consider. But yes, I will lower my pride, even chain my wings I claimed before for him.

"Is this your son?" She asked it without hesitation.

I nodded my head to answer her question.

She chuckled and shook her head. "I knew you would manifest into an omega. I knew it even before, when we were still kids. Even with how much you act so maturely that everyone expected it from you to become the great gender, alpha." She said the last words sarcastically. "But even after all, you acted weak and vulnerable. It was obvious from my point of view. But how? How could they not notice?"

I bit my lips and sighed. "All of that does not matter anymore, Jaehwa. Just like you said, I need your help. I need your money and power to hide here in the west with my son."

She acted shocked as soon as she heard what I just said. "Hide? With my money and power? If you really need to hide that you even needed to come back and ask for my help, you do not need my money and power. It can't do enough for you. You need 'his' power."