A God Buys Us Cheeseburgers

Miley's POV

I woke up with a gasp and coughed up water as Percy sighed in relief, "Thank god." I took a deep breath, "What the hell?" Percy grinned, "I can breathe underwater and I just saved you." I grinned, "Don't make it a habit, Fish boy." We got up onto the dock and looked at Annabeth and Grover, speaking at the same time, "Hi!" Annabeth and Grover started walking towards us and Percy sighed, "Look, I'm sorry about shoving you in the stairwell. Even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but I just- I know you'd never agree and there wasn't enough time-" 

Percy was cut off by Annabeth hugging him and Grover hugged me tightly, "We thought you died, Miley." I sheepishly smiled, "Well, I couldn't let you three fight Chimera by yourselves and I think of Percy as a brother so I couldn't let him die." Grover and I looked at Percy and Annabeth and felt really awkward when they continued to hug. Grover cleared his throat, "So...you both aren't as dead as we thought you'd be." Percy smiled, "Surprise." I frowned, "Wait, how did the Chimera get into Athena's temple?"

Annabeth looked at the ground, "I embarrassed my mother, so she punished us." I raised an eyebrow, "What?" Percy sighed, "Because we mailed Medusa's head to Olympus, Athena saw it as an insult." I probably looked like a fish out of water, opening and closing my jaw, "But, I was the one who said it was almost a tribute. I was the adult, I was the one who allowed it!" Grover shook his head, "But they don't see it that way. You, Miley, are precious to them and none of us know why." I facepalmed, "Wonderful, someone is punished for my decisions. Great." 

Grover looked between us, "What happened?" Percy smirked, "I saved Miley. But short version, we need to go to Santa Monica." Grover looked confused, "What, like now?! How did you save Miley?!" Percy nodded, "My father's going to meet me there. He's gonna help us." I looked confused, "What all was said when I was drowning?" Grover nodded slowly, "Okay. Uh, just one problem with this plan. The police think that we crashed an Amtrak train and then did that." 

Percy looked at the Arch and then Grover, "The cops are after us?" Grover nodded, "Yeah." I smirked and Percy looked between all of us, "Isn't that gonna make it hard for us to get on a train? Or a bus? Or really anything you need tickets for?" Grover looked at me and I smirked wider, causing Percy and Annabeth to grow nervous.

---------------------------------------------------

I skipped down the road, as the trio walked behind me and Percy spoke up, "Hey, guys. I think this quest might be harder than we thought." I started laughing and Annabeth gave him a look as Percy continued, "I've been thinking. I didn't steal the master bolt. You guys didn't steal the master bolt. Miley didn't steal the master bolt, even though we all know she'd use it to grill steaks. We're pretty sure Hades has the master bolt, but he couldn't have stolen it himself. I mean, we don't even know who actually stole the thing, or why, or how deep this goes. I'm the last person to realize this, aren't I?" 

I snorted as I walked backward looking at them, "I realized that the moment you were accused of stealing it." Percy sighed, "Okay, so...Maybe when we started, my head wasn't fully in this, but since the river...it all feels different somehow. He saved me. My dad. I guess I just really thought that's something he'd do for me. So maybe I gotta take things more seriously now." I looked behind them and saw a motorcycle and Grover looked behind him, "Car."

Annabeth shook her head, "That's not a car, it's a bike. Just let it pass. Come on." The three of them hid while I sat on the concrete divider to hide them. The three of them continued talking while I continued to watch the bike, "I saw the fates." I choked and about fell off the divider when Annabeth said that. "Back at the Arch, I saw the Three Fates, and I saw Atropos cut two pieces of thread," Annabeth said and Percy sounded confused, "And that's bad or...?"