08

From:Kel
We came to the underground garage to wait for Alex
I have your coat with me I read Kelly's message as I walk down the empty corridor .
Turns out others had the same thoughts as I did about making it to the toilet before the game ends and it was quite busy. "Now where is the garage..."I look around for signs.

To:Kel
Where is the underground garage? I text back still walking. I'm now in front of some stairs that lead to a lower level but there is no sign around for the garage so I guess that's not it.
When is Kelly going to see the message?

Laughter echoed in the corridor and I stopped because I think it's time to ask someone for directions since my friend is not giving me any. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited in the corner for whoever it was to get closer. "...that will be your treat. You scored twice today-"a guy fake punched the other guy that was walking right next to him. "Can we invite pretty ladies?"an other one asked from behind them. "Dude, we lost."
Is it Alex? No, none of them seems familiar. Maybe they're from the other team. I mean, they're talking about goals and he said they lost. They definitely are from the other team.

They all noticed me there but kept on walking since I didn't say anything. I don't know, I felt embarrassed. I can find the way to the garage myself, no? "How hard could it be?"I mumble as I start walking again.

"Hey,Brown"I hear in distance but keep on walking. One of the guys that just passed by was now standing  in the middle of the corridor with hands in his pockets. His friends continued walking and none of them seemed to notice. "Thirty three"he said this time. Who is he talking to? I think as I look behind me. There's no one. "Yeah,I'm talking to you"he frowned as I walked closer.
"Me?"

"You are the one with the number thirty three on you, no?"he smirks. He's handsome even with this fresh scar on his chin.
"Ah, yeah. I forgot."I look around. "You need something?"
"No. Do you?"he he raised his eyebrows.
"No,I think I'm good."I bite my lip. Don't be stupid May. "Okay then."He started walking,leaving me behind.

I start walking too after a few seconds, leaving a gap in between us. Maybe he's heading to the garage. Where else could he go now? The arena is about to close soon anyways.
"Are you a stalker?"his voice echoed before he stops walking again. He turned around to face me as I was approaching.
"No. Just lost."I shrug my shoulders. "Are you heading to the garage?"I finally ask.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. You'll find out if you keep on following me."we start walking again.

"You could be a creep."I look at him.
"You started following me first." He looked back at me.
"I wasn't following you. Just heading the same way"I now look away because he's very handsome. The guy chuckled and stopped in front of a door. "This way."he opened it, letting me go first. "You came from Boston?"was all he asked.
"No,why?"
"You're wearing Browns jersey. I thought you came from there to see him."
"No, I'm friends with Alex's sister. It's my first time here."
"That explains the stalking."he tilted his head. "I wasn't stalking, I just don't know where to go."I frown and go quiet. As if I'd stalk him. Who does he think he is?
"I am joking."he elbowed me, smiling softly. "I'm Isaiah by the way."he stopped walking, stretching his hand out for a handshake.

"May"I copy his action and hop in the elevator as the doors open. "So,what happened to your face?" I ask,making him look at me.
"Are you calling me ugly?"he frowns.
"No,I mean the scar. You're not ugly, you're good looking. I'm talking about this-" I freak out, pointing at my chin,referring to his scar.

The man pointed at his chin and with a big smile he answered, "I broke a stick today and got punched for it."
"Well deserved"I frown confused. "Why did you break it?
"I needed to make him focus on the game. He was distracted."
"He was playing for the other team. Him being distracted was a good thing for you."The elevator dings, meaning we have to walk out.
"He's my friend."
"Oh, you're friends?"I look at him surprised. "That was nice of you then. He could've gotten scolded"Where the hell is the garage? How long do I have to walk with the dude? Why is Kelly not texting me? I'm taking too long- "So,May,"Isaiah put his hands in his pockets again.  "How did you find the game?"

"Fun. Do you always fight that much?"
"It depends. Do you like fights?"
"Not really. But it's one of the things that make hockey interesting right?"I say seeing him nod. "Where are we?" I look around me as we approach a big gray door.
"Garage. Is someone waiting for you?"he holds the door open for me again.
"My friend and her parents. But I don't see them anywhere."
"What level is she?"
"She didn't tell me. How many levels are there?"
"Three."he approached a car and opened the door, placing his backpack in it. "We're now on -2. Get in the car, we'll find them on our way out."

"Why would I get on your car? You could be a kidnapper."I approach him. He was on the passenger's side, opening the door for me again.
"I promise I'm not." He smiled.
"That's what a kidnapper would say."I shrug getting in.

After closing the door he went to his side and started the car. I should've come with her today instead of taking the subway. I would've known where they parked the car and none of this would've happened.
"Oh, there they are."I point at a group of people. I see Alex and Kelly but not Josh and Pam. Did they leave? I knew I was taking so long.

Isaiah stopped the car in front of the siblings and I quickly got off. "Hey"Isaiah rolled his window down. "You did good today."he told Alex in a serious tone.

"Thanks, you too."Alex nods his head.

"Bye stalker,"he then smiled at me and before I could thank him for all he did the last half an hour, he disappeared.

"Hey-"
"No."I cut off Kelly before she says anything. I know that look on her face. She does it every time a guy talks to me. "Alex,"I turn to face the guy that was had his back on the car. "You were cool today."I give him a quick hug. "Can you please sign on my jersey?" I pull a sharpie out of my bag. Alex smiles big as he takes the marker from my hand and I turn my back to him.

I hear the sound of a door closing and when Alex is done signing, we both turn our heads to the side. "They're gonna lock us in here."I see a man leaning his body on the car. It's Matt again.

"We can leave now"Alex said, getting on the passengers seat.

"What happened to you? You had us waiting for fifteen minutes."Kelly asks as she gets in the backseat. "I'm sorry, I didn't know how to get here. I texted you but you never check your phone."
Am I really getting into Matt's car? Just like that? What happened while I was gone?
I still can't believe it's Matt in front of me.
"No connection down here."She smirked. "So,that cute guy"
"What cute guy?"I frown.
"Isaiah?"Alex looks at us.
"What about him?"I look at him confused. "He helped me find you guys."
"He was very cute. Is he your friend Alex?"Kelly moved to the middle, leaning on the front seats.
"We used to practice together years ago."

"Will he be at Ben's tonight?"
"Why do you care? Don't you have a boyfriend named Blake? Why you care about a dude named Isaiah?"Alex shook his head.
"Just asking, why you gotta bring Blake up?"

"May, you're coming later, right?"Kelly faced me.
"Where?"
"Ben's. Alex is celebrating his first goal with the team. We have to go!"she smiled big before she winks at me. "The whole team will be there."
"Thanks for inviting me but I have to go home. I have to do some studying." The whole team is going to be there? Yeah, no. I don't wanna go. Matt's going to be there. It's hard for me already, I don't want it to get worse. The guy is not even talking.
"Come on May, it's Saturday tomorrow. You can study then."Kelly elbowed me.
"We will see. What time are you going?"
"Now."Alex mumbles. "Hey, you need to have your id."
"Now? I'm not ready"I freak out, feeling the car stop moving. Are they joking?
They all get off the car and I see Alex and Kelly walking to the entrance of a building. I quickly take Alex's jersey off and fix my hair a little bit before getting out. I am wearing black pants today and under the jersey I was wearing a black turtle neck to keep me warm in the arena. I think all black is fine for an hour at Ben's,right?

"Need this?"I heard and saw Matt holding my coat.
"Thank you"I take it and put it on before we start walking to the door. I look at Matt as he hands his drivers license to man standing by the entrance and pull my id out too. He gave it back to me and I got in, seeing Matt waiting for me on the side.
"Thank you for waiting."I raise my voice because the music is loud. "It took you long to find us. No need to repeat it."was all he said before he starts walking. What was that supposed to mean?

"Hey!"Alex appeared out of nowhere. "One for you,one for you..."he gave Matt and I our drinks. We followed him to somewhere and we were soon with the rest of the team. "Matt,dude...what took you so long?"
"I played taxi with the fellas"was all he said before taking a seat.
Fellas?
"Where is Kelly?"I ask Alex and he shrugs. Great. Now I'm the only girl in here. Where did she even go? I wish I was home...