𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐔𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐞 𝟏

For what we strive would come alive

𓇢𓆸 𓆤 𖧧 𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𖧧 𓍊𓋼 𔓘

𝔸𝕊 Melody and Philo cautiously traversed the ravaged remnants of the doctor's house they had recently conversed with, an eerie silence hung in the air. Time seemed to stretch, each step echoing with the weight of the grim reality they were about to confront. The once-hospitable abode was now a chaotic scene, teeming with law enforcement personnel bustling through the hallways.

The siblings finally reached the room where the brutal crime had transpired – the doctor's study. There, sprawled on a table, lay the lifeless body of the physician, his torso gruesomely opened, devoid of a liver. The camera's flash briefly illuminated the macabre tableau, freezing the moment in time. As Melody clutched her case tightly, the siblings exchanged wordless glances, burdened by the weight of their thoughts. Sergeant Dombey, a seasoned officer, observed their entrance with a stern demeanour. "Took his liver," Melody stated, her voice steady but tinged with the gravity of the situation.

Sergeant Dombey, his gaze unwavering, acknowledged their presence. "Just like the first two," Philo added, his eyes fixed on the ghastly sight before them. The sergeant inquired, "Where are we on them? Have you determined if they had any kind of relationship?"

Philo, still captivated by the grim scene, responded without averting his gaze from the deceased. "No, sir. They didn't know each other." The room lingered with a sombre silence, the investigation unfolding in a maze of unanswered questions and chilling revelations.

"Been on the case from the start, he's got nothing," Sergeant Dombey commented in a hushed tone to the chief. Melody shot him a glare, catching his eye, but he quickly averted his gaze, choosing to focus on the unfolding scene. She turned her attention back to the lifeless body on the table. The chief, undeterred by the tension, stepped forward and began speaking, "He was a good man, Morange. Never took so much as a stiver for the work he did for us. Saw it as his civic duty." Sergeant Dombey, however, interjected, "Oh, true enough, sir, but with respect, there were rumours..."

The chief shifted his attention to the seasoned officer, raising an inquisitive eyebrow. "Rumours?" he inquired. Sergeant Dombey continued, "Word was that he saw it as his 'civic duty' to do other jobs too."

As the conversation unfolded, Melody circled around the table, her eyes scanning the room. A gruesome image of a puke's facial muscles, splattered with blood, seized her attention. Her gaze then shifted to the flickering lights overhead. "Jobs most doctors wouldn't touch," the sergeant continued, catching the chief's interest.