1. Happy beginnings?

A/N

Welcome and welcome back readers!

Indian weddings are an adventure, ordeal and a quest all rolled into one. It is an experience of a lifetime. An overflow of emotions seems to surround to you at all times. There is no escape.

Prying eyes, intrusive questions and probing conversations. 

It isn't all bad though. Quite the opposite, in fact. Weddings could be pretty amazing if careful thought was put into it.

Which was also the case at Meera and Angad's wedding. 

Angad Mehra, the pop sensation of Red Wagon fame was finally marrying his college sweetheart Meera Sehgal. Red Wagon was the hottest Indie band in the country, topping charts and recreating the face of Indian Pop Music. 

They had bonded over their shared love for music and the rest was history. A very dramatic history, to say the least. Their story had made many swoon. They had overcome a lot to get to their happily ever after. 

It was finally time. They had taken the plunge two days ago, surrounded by their family and friends in an intimate ceremony. 

Angad's fame had made their relationship quite a popular one. Paparazzi were dying to get a shot of the newly married couple but they had been firm on their privacy. They would make a public appearance later but at this moment the only thing that mattered were their loved ones. 

Meera rested her head on Angad's shoulder as they sat at their table. Their reception ceremony was winding down now. Everyone older than 40 had left already owing to their exhaustion. The rest were steadily getting drunker and drunker. 

The attention had swung away from them around ten p.m. as Siddharth---Red Wagon's back up vocalist, bassist and the newly married couple's best friend---had popped the question to his long time girlfriend, Chetna. 

Their story had been chock full of its own drama. Everyone was rooting for them. 

It had shocked everyone to the core when one fine day Siddharth had broken the news of his intentions to propose to his girlfriend for marriage to his bandmates. They all knew his opinions on the institution of marriage. 

When Shreyas, the guitarist, had married his girlfriend Deepani a few years ago, nobody could have predicted Siddharth would ever be in line for matrimony. Granted things were a little precarious between him and Chetna at the time. 

Yug, the drummer for Red Wagon, had all but tackled Siddharth to the ground when he nervously told them what he was planning. As much as Angad claims something fell in his eye that day in the studio, everyone knew that he was crying along with all of them. 

He had told Meera next and asked for her permission to drop the question at her reception. 

Meera was so ecstatic that she all but slapped him for even considering she would object to his plan. Everything was in place for the big proposal and it was all worth it. 

Seeing Chetna's expression of pure delight and shock made it all worth it. People were still cheering some minutes after her enthusiastic "Yes!" 

And for a moment, everything was perfect. 

Everything except the nagging feeling at the back of Vahni's mind that she could not brush off no matter what. A feeling that worsened when Meera reached from across the table and squeezed her hand with a content smile on her face. 

Vahni smiled back despite everything. She would evaluate what she was feeling later. This was Meera's day. She was delighted for Meera. Angad was perfect for her. Vahni had seen their relationship bloom and mature in front of her eyes.