7. Lost girls. Part III

I'm one of the most unfit people, but even I didn't stop running until I was far away from the Salvatore house.

"Mia?" I heard my name. I turned my head as I was jogging to see Jenna, in her car, driving slowly next to me. "What the hell are you doing?"

It was all on the tip of my tongue. Everything wanted to come out, but Jenna would have probably of dropped me off at the nearest psychiatric hospital. I needed to talk this through with Elena and Stefan before I put Jenna in dangerous.

"Jogging!" I replied.

"In a bikini top?" She questioned, looking at me strangely.

"It's very hot out." I said, coming to a stop. I was way out of breath. "Can I get a lift?"

"Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?" Jenna stopped the car and pushed open the car door. "For future reference, I'm not ok with this."

"I don't particularly enjoy jogging either." I replied, putting on my seat belt.

"The bikini part, Mia. Who knows who's lurking around out here?" She had no idea out how right she was. She turned the car around and headed in the direction of our house. "I do not believe that you've jogged all the way here from our house. You don't jog, Mia."

"I did it at boarding school, Jenna." I lied. "Haven't you noticed how fabulous I've been looking?"

"No."

"Well, thanks." I tutted. "You look nice, got a date?" She glared at me. "Oh, you do, who's the lucky guy?"

"Who do you think?"

It felt normal being in a car with Jenna. It was easy to forget the last twenty four hours. Almost too easy.

"Listen, I don't improve of Logan Fell, so I don't think you should see him anymore." I tapped her knee. "I'm glad that's out of the way."

"That's funny. Last time I checked, I was the guardian." She reached over and patted my knee. "I'm a big girl, I'll be fine."

"At least bring him around the house. I'll provoke the fear of God in him so he doesn't mess up this time." I replied.

"Dear God, no." She shook her head as she pulled up in front of our house. "Get out of the car; you've already made me late."

"Thanks for the lift, Jenna."

"Get out!"

"Ok! Jeez!" I put my hand on the door handle. "Just remember, don't do anything I wouldn't do..." She gave me a look. "Like date Logan Fell."

"Out!" I opened the door and got out. I started making my way to the door when Jenna called out to me. "And dammit, Mia, put some clothes on. Elena has Stefan around."

I stared after her car as she drove away. "How rude."

When I walked through the front door, Elena looked like she was rushing towards it, and Stefan was close behind. She skidded to a stop when she saw me.

"Mia!" She lunged at me, her arms wrapping around me tightly. "We were just coming to get you!"

"You took your time, I had to break myself out." I said, pushing her away. "And then I had hitchhike home. How could you leave me for that long with that psychopath?! I am lucky to be alive!"

"How did you escape?" Stefan asked me, walking round me as if he was checking for any... marks.

"He let me go, but he has something up his sleeve." I told them, eying Stefan as he continued to circle me. "He sent Vicki over here!"