Chapter 3

The next class was at the gym. The boy couldn't get out of his mind what he had overheard Brief say. After changing into his gym clothes, a pair of black training pants with a white stripe down the side and a teal t-shirt with black trim on the collar and sleeves, he decided to do a bit of investigation.

He approached another boy, taller with darker skin, Mike who was on the basketball team and wearing a practice uniform. "Anything going on around here recently?" he asked.

"Well, we've got a basketball game tonight—were you thinking of coming? It would be nice to have someone in the stands," Mike replied.

"People usually don't come?"

"Not really," admitted Mike dejectedly, "Our school hasn't won a single game in seven years."

The shorter boy looked surprised at this. "Really?! I had no idea the basketball team was doing so badly."

"It's like we're cursed or something! Every time we start to do well in a game, everything goes wrong."

The shorter boy asked the next question a bit nervously, "I don't suppose any of the players have well... died."

"No, but at the end of last season—the coach had a heart attack after the final game. I hear he didn't make it and we have a new coach this year."

The shorter boy looked satisfied to hear this and explained, "Okay—then maybe I can figure out what is going on."

"Well, stop by the game tonight if you can! Maybe it will help us break the streak."

The boy headed out to the main gym area. He looked over to his left and could see the Anarchy sisters emerging from the girls' side.

They were both wearing traditional Japanese-style gym outfits with extreme shorts that left nothing to the imagination and white t-shirts with colored trim on the collars and sleeves. Panty's shorts and trim were red, her shorts so short that they were more bikini underwear than proper shorts and her shirt clung to her body tightly. She had white socks up to her mid-thighs and a pair of white tennis shoes.

Stocking's hair had been neatly gathered into a ponytail. The trim on Stocking's collar and sleeves was purple, but her t-shirt was just long to show that if she was wearing shorts then they had to be bloomers like her sister, but it was a little too easy to imagine she was wearing nothing but the t-shirt too. Her socks went up to her knees and she had pure white tennis shoes like her sister.

The boy considered approaching them but after the earlier encounters today, he quickly changed his mind. Behind him, Brief was coming out of the boy's locker room wearing a white T-shirt and long, loose green gym shorts with a pair of gym socks trimmed in red and a pair of gray and white tennis shoes.

The boy turned to Brief and tried to get his attention. "Hey, Brief—" he began.

However, the effort was useless. The moment Brief emerged from the locker room, his gaze locked onto the Anarchy sisters, and he ran towards them, waving his arms and calling out with embarrassing enthusiasm, "Hey, Pa~anty!!"

The boy sighed defeatedly before looking over to the gym equipment area between the two locker rooms. It was a pair of double doors. After swallowing hard to gather his courage, he made his way over to the doors and pulled them open before slipping inside.

The room was dark. After a bit of fumbling around, the boy found the light switch. But flipping did nothing. The room remained just as dark no matter which way he flipped it. Giving up on the idea, he decided to slowly make his way deeper into the room despite the darkness, only to immediately bump into a cage of dodgeballs and then trip over a weightlifting bench, directly face-first into a set of jumping blocks. Feeling dizzy, he crawled around a bit before finding a balance beam to lift himself.