The Sky is Green | Seo Changbin

"It was only a different shade of the same madness he found in himself. An affinity for bloodshed that was cocky and reckless, paralleling his silence and calm."

In which both are killers, but while one is roguishly carefree, the other is merely drifting through life like a ghost.

◤Disclaimers: Descriptions of blood and violence. Usage of vulgar language. Somewhat dark so be careful (characters are very violent). 

Changbin was born for hell

Changbin was born for hell. That would explain how he had killed all those people without so much as a pang of guilt to show for it. His only regret was having ruined his crisp new suit. He would have to pay a visit to the tailor shop once tonight's job was finished.

An empty magazine clattered on the ground as Changbin refilled his ammunition, hands moving deftly and precisely despite his focus being elsewhere.

A contented sigh came from somewhere behind him.

"The sky is green."

His gaze flickered to the warehouse's skylight. Pitch-black night stared back at him. He lowered his gun and tried to relax. Like hell it is green.

Electing to ignore the stupid remark, Changbin turned in time to see the owner of the voice jump off the container atop which she was crouched. Her coat billowed out around her as she landed with a soft thump. Deep burgundy in the fleeting light, unlike the typical black most preferred.

The mysterious individual nudged one of the bloodied corpses with a careless foot. "Is he dead?"

"Yes," Changbin answered, devoid of any interest.

"What a bore."

That piqued his curiosity, though it was quickly stamped out. The Shadow Front had many such bizarre characters. One would even go as far as to dub them mad. This girl was nothing new.

"Haven't introduced myself. I'm Y/n. Junior Two Private, Chaos Crescent Unit."

"Seo Changbin. Junior Two Private, I'm also with the crescent," he gave one firm nod of acknowledgment toward his apparent equal, who responded with a roguish grin. "I know who you are, Seo. The higher-ups seem to have high expectations for you, one-eyed brute."

He said nothing. Any conversation after introductions was futile, and he'd rather not bother himself with it. Outside the warehouse, muffled shouts grew louder with the pounding of approaching footsteps.

"Ah. Looks like their backup finally arrived."

If Changbin didn't know any better, he would have assumed that his colleague was enjoying the progression of events. Anticipating the fight, even. But it was only a different shade of the same madness he found in himself. An affinity for bloodshed that was cocky and reckless, paralleling his silence and calm.

"Best give them a warm welcome, then," the burgundy dressed agent declared, guns flashing as she pulled them out from under her coat. Changbin took a hiding spot behind one of the containers, wordless as he had no witty one-liners to spout.