Chapter 2

School is over, and I already let the volleyball club I won't be coming today for the club activities and have a important things to do in Kyudo club.

Even though I'm the captain it is sad that I leave almost all of it to my vice-captain who fortunately capable of it.

I'm on my way to go to the dojo while carrying my bow and arrows in my back. When I arrived, I could hear the shots sound and the voice of chattering from the inside.

I am quite ashamed that I arrived late than others. I sighed and went in to the locker room. Put my belongings on the locker.

I take off my uniform and proceed to wear my attire. I like Kyudo attire, it's so easy to move and don't really hard to breathe. I like how I could feel the wind on my arm when I shot the arrows.

After check that I'm done changing, I walk to the dojo and see the others practicing their team play. While the girls watch and record their shoot.

Didn't want disturb them, I quietly walk behind without saying anything and watching them. When I look at the target, it seems some missed.

Certainly their play kind of broken than usual. What are they trying to do?

While I thinking of that, I feel someone tapped my shoulder and I snapped back. Look back to see who tapped me.

"Haruki, you finally come."

"Masa-san, it seems that I'm the last one?"

Masa-san, Takigawa Masaki our Kyudo club coach just recently nodded smiling and look at the others. I do the same and look at them.

I look at every move they do, their breath, their holding, their eyes, their foot placement, their back. What I notice immediately is how they don't seem like themself on this one.

Swish.

I look at Kaito who just shoot his arrow. Now that's weird, his time was longer than he usually do, and he don't seem to focus on his shoot, and more like focusing on how the others do.

Swish.

Ryouhei missed. His movement seems so forced and don't seem to be himself. It... full of doubt. Based on how his hand were, in the last second he didn't have any confidence on himself that he able to hit the target.

Swings.

Seiya is as always. Stable, calm, it give us a sense of support and safety. That everything will be alright and bring the momentum. Like a calm breeze before the storm. But even so, something is different, it feels like his focus isn't on the target and it was something else even though he landed a shot.

Swing.

Nanao missed. Even though Nanao is in the place where he's calm and able to bring back the momentum like Seiya, and his friendliness but serious feeling on his shot. But now, he seems anxious and don't think of himself too.

My eyes went to Minato immediately and look how his stance is.

His footwork don't have any problem, his back seems crooked a little bit though. His hand slowly pull the strings, his placement on the bow did have any problem but it was shaking a bit. I look at his eyes and surprise quite a bit inside.

Swish.

Missed. But that's not where I pay attention to right now. His eyes when he looking at the target, it didn't have any doubt or anxiety. It was straightforward, honest, and filled with feeling he want shoot rather than want it landed.

...Minato overcame it huh.

While I was happy inside how Minato overcame it and able to shoot how he likes to, I snapped back to reality when I feel someone hugging my back.