CHAPTER 2

"LAPIS PLEASE!"

Madison watched as Paridot was yelling at Lapis. "IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK ANYMORE THEN IT ALREADY HAS!"

"WE DON'T KNOW THAT!"

"YES, WE DO!"

Peridot was sitting besides Steven. Lapis was trying to use the water of Rose fountain to heal Steven, but Madison knew that won't work.

"The fountain water does-"

"I DON'T CARE JUST... MOVE"

"LAPIS THE MACHIENES!" Paridot used her powers to shield the machine from the water.

Lapis yelled at the green gem. "MOVE!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH BOTH OF YOU!!!" Bismuth then yelled, done with their bickering.

"How is YOUR fighting what's best for STEV-"

Everyone quiet down by the creack of the door opening and Pink Steven waked out of the bathroom.

"-ven...."

All of them looked at him. Paridot quickly hid behind the table, Lapis crossed her arms and glared at him. It was quite.

"HEEEEY! Done cleaning up, - Steeeeevvvvvv.... Ahhhhh-shit.."

"Smooth." Lapis spoke up.

Bismuth then asked. "What do we even call you now?"

"𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗." Madisom flinched, not used with his voice having no emotion in it.

"Oh... Okay, that complicates things a wee bit."

Madison noticed water floating in the air, she wasn't the one behind it so she knew it was Lapis doing.

Bismuth asked Pink Steven. "Have you considered a nickname at all maybe?"

Paridot speak up. "Lapis... "

"HE IS STEVEN!! Lapis pointed at Steven's body on the couch, then she pointed at Pink Steven. "YOU WANT TO BE STEVEN? HEAL HIM!"

"Easy, easy..." Bismuth tried to calm Lapis down. Water was floating in the air.

"YOU CAN! CAN'T YOU?!"

"Lapis..." The blue gem slapped Bismuth's had away from her. "DO. NOT. You cannot pretend you aren't thinking the same thing. Steven HEALS poeple."

Madison stood up from her seat and walked towards Steven's body that laid on the coutch.

"Steven healed ME." Lapis argued.

"A cracked gem is different from this..."

Lapis aggressively asked the rainbow gem before her."HOW?!?!?"

It was quiet. "Go on... TELL ME"

"He's-." Bismuth started only to Paridot to finish for her. "... Organic."

Madison gritted her teeth, already done with this. Pink Steven glanced at the other half gem in the room.

"THATS THE HOLE FUCKING THING THAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER GEMS AND HUMANS!!!"

Everyone flinched, even Pink Steven. All of them looked at the other half gem besides Steven.

They could see frost and ice appearing underneath her feet, growing on her legs, water started floating around her. Her all three gems and eyes were glowing.

"UNLIKE YOU STEVEN AND I WILL NOT GOING TO LAST AS LONG AS GEMS!!! WE ARE WEAK AND FRAGILE!!! WE CAN DIE ANY FUCKING DAY!!! INSTEAD OF STEVEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!! IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME ON THAT DAMN COUCH SHOWING NO SIGHN OF LIFE!!!"

Bismuth tried walking towards Madison to calm her down. "Madison, we know that it's hard for you as much as for us. So please calm down."

"Calm down. CALM DOWN?!?!?! I ALREADY FEEL IT'S MY FAULT FOR NOT BEING FASTER, FOR NOT PROTECTING HIM!!! EVEN I HAD REALIZED BY NOW THAT STEVEN WON'T BE WAKING UP!!!! HIS DEAD!!! HE IS NOT COMING BACK!!!"

Water splattered all round Madison, like in cold winter, her heavy breath could be seen. She fell on her knees, one hand held Stevens hand while the other was on her eyes as she cried.

Lapis turned around and walked towards Pink Steven.

"Hold on-"

"WHAIT, LAPIS!"

The two gems tried to stop her. "DON'T GO NEAR HIM!"

She grabbed Pink Steven by the shirt, getting him out of the trance while he was staring at the crying half gem next to his physical human body.

"Go on. SAVE HIM! CRY!"

"STOP IT!" Bismuth separated Lapis from Pink Steven.

"YOU WANT TO SAVE HIM TOO, DON'T YOU?!"

The rainbow haired gem yelled at the other."HOW CAN YOU ASK THAT?!"

"I-"

"Of course I want to save him. We all care about Steven. Some much more than others." Bismuth glanced at the half gem that was staring at Steven with lifeless eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks. "But-"

"We have a geo weapon above our heads. A gem we don't know just attacked our home and declared war on us. And we have no idea how to stop it."

Bismuth put her hand on Lapis shoulder. "Lapis, look. We can't be on each other like this. Not to mention Madison's current mental state is not something is to take lightly. Okay...?

The two were quiet before Lapis moved Bismuth hand." Okay, okay. You're right. I just uh..." Lapis noticed Pink Steven walking towards his human body and Madison.

Paridot stood in his way only to duck under the table before quickly running towards Bismuth, hiding behind her leg.

The bowl that was on the table fell off when Paridot bumped into it when she was coming out.

"... What is he doing?" The green gem asked.

Madison raised her head and looked at Pink Steven, she had a tired look on her face. Pink Steven put his hand on top of her head as if he was patting her before kneeling next to her.

He then took his human body hand before putting it on his stomach over his other hand. He wiped off the blood from his cheek before leaning down and kissed the fourhead of his physical human body.

Paridot quickly ran up. Pink Steven rose and looked at the short green gem.

Paridot looked at a machine where it should show some kind of signal of a heartbeat.

But there was none.

The green gem fell on her knees. "No improvement."