✧ Characters ✧

Psst. You don't actually have to read this chapter. It's just a simple overview of the main characters so, if you ever get lost mid-story and forget who's who, you can just refer back to this chapter to refresh yourself.

I will also be adding picrew portraits to give you a vague idea of what each character looks like. Just keep in mind that these picrews aren't entirely accurate to how I personally envision them (nor do they represent how you need to envision them). They're just there to show you each character's overall appearance, like hair, eye colour, etc.

Picrew credits will be listed at the end (they all have watermarks anyway so you should be able to tell).

Who is "[Y/n]"?
[Y/n] stands for "your name." They're a hollow shell of a character that functions purely to be your self-insert. In this story, [Y/n] is an extremely shy and withdrawn character.

Koda

Pronouns: He/Him

Pronouns: He/Him

Koda is an aloof boy who is seemingly disinterested in forming relations with other people. Despite his reserved demeanour, he is well-liked by his peers and favoured for his supple features, inherited from his late mother. However, hidden beneath his calm and collected mask is an obsessed boy deadset on forcing you back into his life. Alternating between sweet and deadly, Koda carefully constructs a game of cat and mouse to lead you right into his loving arms.

Liam

[Note: I actually envision him looking  a little more tan but the skin options for the picrew were limited so I apologise

[Note: I actually envision him looking a little more tan but the skin options for the picrew were limited so I apologise. ( ‾ʖ̫‾)]

Pronouns: He/Him

Liam is a popular member of the student union, admired for his looks, charisma and overall friendly personality. Think golden retriever - extroverted, lovable and, perhaps, a little overwhelming to some people. He enjoys talking to his peers and getting to know them on a personal level, including the campus' outcasts. However, some students find his overtly bubbly nature to be rather annoying and condescending. Liam is also known to be a little naïve, often approaching situations with his heart rather than his head. Nevertheless, he becomes a loyal and protective ally as he gets increasingly more entangled in your detached online world.

Sana

[Once again, I personally imagine her skin tone being a lot darker but this was the darkest skin tone they had available so you will have to use your imagination

[Once again, I personally imagine her skin tone being a lot darker but this was the darkest skin tone they had available so you will have to use your imagination. ]

Pronouns: She/her

Sana is another member of the student union. She is incredibly generous and intelligent, helping people with both their academic work and their personal problems. She hopes to become a teacher after graduating. While she is known to be approachable and empathetic, her concern for others and busybody behaviour can occasionally come across as overbearing and intrusive. When Sana catches on to your strange online relationship with a so-called user named "Kitty", a bad feeling leads her to investigating further.

Nyoka

[Different art style but I think this picrew catches her appearance best 👹]

Pronouns: She/Her (she would pound the shit out of you if you asked her what her pronouns were)

Nyoka is an enigma. No one really understands her motives or why she behaves the way she does, but she is a feared individual. Even the college professors become unsettled whenever they are bestowed the misfortune of having her presence in their class. Her levels of cruelty stretch far beyond the expected territory of obnoxious troublemakers. She revels in the suffering of others and will actively participate in their downfall and demise. Many students theorise that the only reason she hasn't been expelled is due to her father's influential position as head of the college. Unaware of the impending blaze, Nyoka's dances in the embers of other people's affairs. Perhaps soon she will learn that in the game of fire, the flames always claim their due...

Mimiko

Pronouns: She/They

Pronouns: She/They

Mimiko (unwillingly nicknamed "Mimi" by her peers) is adored for her cute, baby-faced appearance, yet she resents the attention she receives. People are quick to underestimate her and she often finds herself stuck between being regarded as a pick-me girl by jealous classmates or being infantilised (even though she is, in fact, the oldest of her class). She both admires and envies Sana, yearning to be looked upon as someone who is just as strong and reliable as her. Despite her constant attempts to alter how she is perceived, she reluctantly remains the unassuming, doe-eyed damsel in distress to her classmates. Ever since she first interacted with you, Mimiko has always longed to form a friendship with you but as always struggled due to your withdrawn nature. Little does she know that an opportunity will present itself; to not only get closer to you but to prove to herself that she is a lot more than what meets the eye.

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

All of the characters listed are in their early 20s.

Picrew Credits

• All characters (except Nyoka): @ Elle_koi34
• Nyoka: @ Kureihii