19

What is classified as being an official couple? Chaste kisses and delicate nuzzles to sleep seem romantic enough to be considered companions. For sure giving tantalizing glimpses full of admiration could cancel out the idea of solely being platonic. Jake wasn't certain since his last relationship was point-blank period, was it normal to be dating but not asked out? He appeared to of lost his spunk in the realm of love since he and Tara broke up, if this was a new thing then he wasn't sure he understood it. Or for any matter, he didn't know if he wanted to be interpreted as a situationship of any sort.

Things were going well, exceptional even. The duo was flowering and each day settled an inviting haze. Only the first base was covered, they hadn't accomplished much else. A tongue was nowhere to be seen while kissing. As for complaining, it took forever to get where they are now therefore no grumbling was encountered. Slow and steady wins the race. Their bond didn't have room to be forced in any fashion.

One of the major hindrances was that a lingering question had yet to be resolved. Jake wanted to have a stomach of steel and ask his crush to officially be his so-called boyfriend. His dream of being labeled was similar to Johnnie's. What was the setback? For the older, he was entrenched in his anxieties of being rejected. Although he recognized the favorable factors in their current fling, he didn't want to transform it in case he failed. Jake on the other hand was wasting time waiting for an answer as to if they were confirmed or not. He didn't want to sound stupid and ask then be met with a face of perplexity, maybe he discounted a meaningful cue.

Communication has to be the largest deity of all relationships. This applies to if the affair is friendly or romantic. If you don't have the skills to reach out, you don't have the capacity to be in any type of connection. The immensity of the subject hadn't yet broken into Jake's brain since he was indeed infatuated with the boy even after he diagnosed him as having problems with talking. He had bargained with it before their feelings were disclosed and he wasn't walking away now. Regardless, if the insufficient characteristic was not nailed it could bleed into forthcoming arguments and misunderstandings.

Starting on a bad foot, both of the boys were under the impression their relationship was established yet not verbally. There were times they'd lay in bed, watching Johnnie's obscure movies that the younger found absolutely terrible, and there it would be. A line of words edging to glide off of Jake's conscious. Of course, he found the rubbish movies to be an eyesore. But, the attribute they were the man he adored most's favorites made them somehow appealing. A special bonus was observing Johnnie as he was enthralled with the media.

It'd been a week since their first kiss signifying they'd marked down on a whole seven days of pecking and being more physical than ever. Jake was content with where they were. Having said that, he couldn't stand the uncertainty of their condition and the fact he wanted to pounce on Johnnie at all given times. He was okay with holding back, it'd be a miracle to give in though.

"Hey, got you a monster 'cause I know you didn't sleep well," Jake entered his roommate's space after going on a run to 7-11. He was craving some snacks that they didn't have simply lying around the house. Even though he was out just for his own satisfying treat, he couldn't help but think of Johnnie when scouring around the snacks. He would think to himself, 'Johnnie would haaate this,' after picking up any item that he knew he, himself, would devour. The older was a picky guy, Jake could distinguish a snack from being right or wrong when it came to whether Johnnie was eating it.

"Aww, really? Thank you, dude," Johnnie swiveled around and tuned his editing out the second the younger waltzed in. He fixed his headphones to the side and saved his project to give his undivided attention. Jake handed him the still-cold can before moving to lie on the boy's messy bed. He liked to hang out with the boy even when he was in the middle of business, he wanted the presence. "You're sweet, sometimes."