CHAPTER 20: MENDING FENCES

It had been two weeks. Severus talked to me. He treated me like he normally did, just with less affection. He finally moved back into our chambers. However, most of the time, he extended the couch with his wand and slept there. Still, it was an improvement from him not speaking to me at all for a week.

One Friday night, I lay in bed, not sleeping. I could hear Severus reading on the sofa. Finally, I rose and made my way to him carrying a glass of wine, asking with two glasses. I sat them down on the table and poured each of us a glass. Severus watched me, then sat up, taking his glass. "Is something on your mind, love?

I took a sip. "I know I hurt you and you need time. But Severus, I love you and I miss you."

We sat silently for awhile. Finally, Severus spoke up. "It has occurred to me that how you feel about my past feeling of Lilly may be the same situation of your past feelings toward Lucius.

"But there's a few differences. Lucius is alive, while Lilly isn't. You procreated with him..."

"I procreated with you..."

"Regardless, Lilly's feelings for me were never returned. No matter what, you and Lucius both had strong feelings for one another. And when you did what you did, I couldn't help but wonder if that love is still there."

I thought it over. His feelings were valid. Finally, I sat my glass down and put my leg over him, straddling him as he sat up. I have him a light kiss.

"I love you, Severus. We married each other knowing we each had a past. Yes, at one point, I was in love with Lucius, but that was so long ago, that love is gone. I might chat with him when I see him, but at this point, he's more like a friend.

"Please don't let him ruin it marriage. He's not worth it. This is me and you. I love you." I kissed him again. "Baby, please forgive me, I miss you so much."

At this point, he began to kiss he back. He began to lift the shirt I was wearing. He moved his lips to my nipples and began sucking on them. I began to grow wet. I missed his touch and the feel of his tongue run across my body.

In one swift motion, he flipped me off of him and onto my back. He climbed on top of me. His face nuzzled my neck, leaving marks along the side.

As he did it, he slid his hands into my pants, quickly locating my clitoris and began quickly rubbing it. I could feel my pussy getting wetter by the second. I let out a loud sensual moan. "Does it feel good?"

"Ugh!" I cried out. "Please don't stop!"

He brought his lips back to my bare breast while I could focus on nothing more than what he was doing inside my pants. Finally, I screamed out, "I'm going to come!" He kissed me as I released all over his fingers and my knickers. I breathed hard, trying to soothe myself after my orgasm. I needed that.

After he extended the couch even more, and lay down, pulling me next to him. My back pressed against his chest. He took my hand with his left hand, while using his right to run his fingers through my hair. Eventually, we fell asleep holding each other. I slowly felt the loneliness leaving me.

The next morning, I got up quietly, allowing Severus to sleep in. I wanted to run an errand while he slept.

When I came back, I made my way to Dumbledore's office. I had a big favor to ask, but once I explained that there was a strain on our marriage, he was 100% on board. I thanked him and returned to our room.

Severus was coming out of the shower with a towel around his waist. "Where were you, my love?"

"I had a place to go. And I also went to Dumbledore's office. He's agreed to let us leave and return next Monday. He said not to worry about our classes."

He sighed and sat down. "I hate when other teachers teach my class. Why did you do that?"

"I just thought we should go home for a few days for us to spend time together. To fix us."

He looked away and nodded. "That sounds nice. Perhaps I could just leave assignments for my replacement. It's worth it for a week alone with you." He leaned over and kissed me.

Since it was Saturday, Severus and I had the afternoon duty of hanging around and watching for trouble. Severe was much stricter than I was. The difference was almost laughable.

As we roamed through the halls, we spotted Harry Potter, standing by a statue in an area that Gryffindor's didn't usually hang in.

Even I had to admit that he looked suspicious and was sweating as though he was nervous. Severus began to question him. He clearly did not like Harry. "He reminds me of James," he once told me. I could see why he thought that. Harry was a replica of James. It made it uncomfortable to be around him often.

After no proof, I finally stepped in and ordered Harry to go to another area if the castle. After he left, Severus looked at me, "he's up to something."

"I know," I replied.