Six

"What?" Sung Ho scrunched up his face at his friend.

"I said I like her. So just fall back," Jae Hyun flatly asserted.

"Nope," Sung Ho, "If I say so, what are you gonna do?"

"You and her, you guys might be close friends. But dating? Not a chance for you. She just technically gives you one month to impress her so that you won't feel disappointed."

"What did you just say?" Sung Ho grabbed Jae Hyun's collar and rolled his eyes, "I dare you to repeat it."

"What are you guys doing?" Hae Won emerged from the bush and approached the two boys.

"Ah... don't worry we're just... having a little quarrel," Jae Hyun startled and stammered.

"Yeah, it's not a big deal. Just come back to your tent," Sung Ho wryly laughed.

"So you both like me," she gave them both a mysterious and naughty smile. "Interesting... So the ball is in my court and I can decide where to pass it, isn't it?" she remarked, looking back and forth between Sung Ho and Jae Hyun.

Meanwhile, Hae Won's two friends were exchanging hostile glares. Their stares were so intense that she felt like they were about to jump at one another and punch each other's face.

"Guys, stop this!" she placed herself between the two guys, wiggling and grumbling, "You both are making me awkward."

"I'm... sorry for that," Jae Hyun shyly scratched his head.

"Because you both like me and I'm close to both of you, let's have a fair competition, OK?" she peered at her friends and stepped aside, "Now have a handshake!"

"Fine," Jae Hyun agreed and extended his hand, waiting for a handshake from Sung Ho who was peering at him with weariness and reluctance.

Just at the moment when their hands were about to touch, a gunshot echoed from afar. With his super hearing, Jae Hyun could locate someone shouting, sounding like Ji Woo.

******

Jae Hyun rushed over to investigate the situation, with Hae Won and Sung Ho running after him. Arriving at the source, they saw Yoon Ah and Ji Woo. Yoon Ah was hugging her friend tightly while Ji Woo seemed to be crying in her embrace.

"It's OK. I'm here with you," Yoon Ah stroked Ji Woo's hair.

"Is... is that... a gunshot?" Ji Woo looked at Yoon Ah with her wet eyes, flustered and intimidated.

"Guys, what's happening?" the arriving friends rushed over and inquired.

"We heard a gunshot," Yoon Ah said, "Can you guys bring Ji Woo to the camp and calm her down. I'll stay here to search the area."

"But it will be dangerous, let me stay with you," Hae Won grabbed Yoon Ah's wrist.

"Don't worry. I'll be alright," Yoon Ah tried to reassure everyone, "I already have a knife with me to use as a weapon."

Nobody wanted to leave Yoon Ah alone. However, she insisted that she would be safe and sound so everyone eventually had to give in, reluctantly coming back to the camp without her.