Thirteen

"Nice attempt to capture me," So Hyun smirked and tightened her grip on the gun, "But you won't."

Without any hesitation, she pulled the trigger and shot his shoulder, sending him sprawling on the ground. Cheetah then swiftly made an escape upstairs, whooshing past So Hyun like a wind and disappearing in less than a second.

Following her intuition, So Hyun ascended to the second floor to look for Cheetah. As she approached, the scent of blood and the sound of air vibrating hinted that he was nearby. "He must be somewhere close," she thought.

The school corridor was cloaked in darkness, with only dim light from the distant glowing street lamps. Emerging from the staircase, she surveyed the corridor, which most people would see as a black, blank space, and noticed a metal water dispenser. In order to keep herself concealed, she positioned herself behind a wall corner, from where she could see Cheetah's image reflected through the water tap. He was standing inside an open classroom, extremely vulnerable to attacks. She pulled the trigger, shooting the bullet at the water tap. The bullet then diverted and flew straight at his neck. He immediately collapsed onto the ground and blood gushed out from his neck like a river, spreading through the cold classroom floor. One more North Korean agent had been defeated.

No longer hindered by Cheetah, So Hyun continued making her way up to the rooftop to fight by her son's side. But Cheetah was not the only obstacle she had to face.

"Hey Kang So Hyun," Yoon Ah strode up from the ground floor, holding a gun in her hand and aiming it at her. She fired the gun, but missed.

That gave So Hyun the opportunity to retaliate by hurling herself at Yoon Ah, kneeing her stomach. The force was so fierce that Yoon Ah fell onto the ground at once, clutching her abdomen and grunting in pain. But the determination to avenge her brother's death superseded any pain she experienced. Compared to So Hyun, Yoon Ah was way younger and fitter so the spy from the North soon had a grab of Jae Hyun's mother, wrestled her down and pressed the gun against her forehead. Since So Hyun had accidentally dropped her gun after the fall, she instead chose to counter Yoon Ah with a headbutt at her chest. While the young girl was stunned by the impact, So Hyun kicked her arm, making her drop her gun too. She then summoned all the strength she had to toss Yoon Ah against the locker, knocking her out.

"Arghh," Yoon Ah heaved out painful moans as she fell onto the ground, trying to reach her walkie-talkie. However, So Hyun retrieved the gun and fired an accurate shot at her hand, completely numbing it. She then fired another shot, this time at her stomach.

"You seem young," So Hyun sighed as she placed the gun at Yoon Ah's forehead. Cold sweats began to envelop her hands while her fingers stiffened, struggling to pull the trigger. "Don't become an agent in your next life."

Knowing that there was nothing that could save her life any more, Yoon Ah tightly closed her eyes, surrendering herself to fate and hoping that she would reunite with Yoon Ho in heaven.

"Mrs. Kang," a female voice echoed along the corridor as a beam of light flashed at them, "Don't kill her, please!"

"Hae Won? Why are you here?" So Hyun gaped at Hae Won who was holding a flashlight in her hand, and then turned to Ji Woo, "And... the canteen girl too? Go home, it's dangerous!"

"Don't worry. I'll be fine," Hae Won softly chuckled and grabbed So Hyun's arm, "Jae Hyun's in danger. So please, Mrs. Kang, you gotta go and help him. Just leave everything here to us."