CHAPTER THREE

A/N

Ancient Language - Italic and Underline

Eastern Language - Bold and Italic 

WELCOME TO THE EASTERN KINGDOM 

EILONIAN, ALASSIAN 

The Queen of the East was a vial and harsh ruler. With her husband dead, she took all the responsibility as a ruler. The King's children were dead, and she had their heads, preserved with dark magic, hung proudly in one of her spare chambers to prove it. She hated them nearly as much as she had hated their mother. The Queen was dressed in only the finest of silk. Her dress was black with a silver crown on her head. Many in the castle had mentioned that she always wore dark clothing because it was as dark as her soul. The Queen often heard the whisperings, and she would laugh at them. They were true, and at least the servants knew that. And their fear pleased her.

The Queen walked down to the cellars with her two personal guards, Rivion and Liam. Rivion was dressed in his usual black attire, allowing his slightly unruly, short hair to blend in with it while his green eyes shone with mischief. A single locket laid tucked into his tunic, a phoenix, that belonged to his wife, the only thing he treasured most, aside from his wife of course. Liam was the complete opposite of his fellow guard, with silver attire and light brown hair down to his shoulders. His eyes were a beautiful hazel, which shone with grief. His family was killed by the queen less than one hundred years ago, leaving only him and his wife un harmed. Though he knew the only reason his wife was still alive, was because the queen did not know who she was.

Rivion walked in front of the Queen with the keys in his hand. He twirled them around his finger, and as he came to the last step, he threw them in the air and caught them with his other hand. He fiddled with the keys and opened the last cell, causing the loud door to croak.

Inside laid a woman with her hands bound. Her hair was a chestnut brown, and her eyes were a dark forest green. Her clothes were ripped, and she had dried blood on her. Her eyes held a deep sadness, a longing to be free again. She had no idea how long it had been since she last saw daylight. A century? Maybe more. It was hard to keep the time locked underground. The woman looked at the three people standing at her cell door with a vacant expression.

"Hello, Illianna. How do you fair today?" The Queen asked as she looked down at the frail-looking woman. She was met with pure silence. "I see someone does not wish to speak today, again. This is what? A straight millennium now? What has made you silent?"

The Queen stood there, waiting for Illianna to speak. But Illianna just stared at her. He would be dead if Illianna opened her mouth and told her what she had seen. Her whole family would perish at the hands of this monster. She thought everyone in her family was gone, but she was wrong. The Queen shook her head and nodded at Liam. He pulled out a long syringe and pulled the cap off.

Illianna's eyes widened at the sight of the gray-colored goo in the syringe. She began pushing herself towards the back wall. Rivion grabbed her by her hair, holding her arms out to Liam as he plunged the syringe into her skin. She cried out in pain as the liquid entered her bloodstream. Her tears traveled down her face, but she still refused to speak.