CHAPTER SIX

KINGDOM OF EILONIAN

CASTLE OF THE EAST

Constance was angry that Illianna had gotten away and even angrier that no one, not even her best trackers, seemed to be able to track her down. It was as if she had disappeared. In the nights following Illianna's disappearance, Queen Constance had become more crude than usual. Her nights were often filled with night terrors, and her days were filled with the indescribable feeling of anger. Her night terrors reminded her of how far she had come. How she strived for a better life as a child, and then a blonde woman would take it away.

She had seen the same ending so often that it began to scare her. And so, naturally, she called a seer. It was days before a seer had been found. After forcing her from her home, they arrived at the castle. When the guards walked in with a dark-skinned woman, Constance sat on her throne with a smirk.

"Queen Constance. I would say it is a pleasure to see you again, but that would be a lie." The seer sneered as she looked the Queen up and down.

The guards had backed away, allowing her to pace slightly. Mirella once had been Constance's best friend, but when she turned to dark magic, Mirella left her. Mirella wanted peace, while Constance wanted revenge.

"Mirella, can we not let the past cloud our future?" The Queen huffed as she rolled her eyes.

"What future?" Mirella asked as she squinted her eyes at the Queen.

"I have a proposal for you. I would like you to be my seer." The Queen said, getting straight to the point.

Silence enveloped the room as Mirella just stared at the Queen. Suddenly, Mirella burst into laughter. The Queen glared at her, unamused. Mirella took a few moments to calm down and look at the Queen with wide eyes.

"You are not jesting?" Mirella asked as the Queen shook her head at her. "And why would I do that?"

"Because if you refuse, I will kill you," Constance smirked at her.

"Then do it, your majesty. I would rather be dead than be your servant."

After she said this, the Queen snapped her fingers with a sour look, and two guards came behind Mirella, gripping her arms.

"Fine, but answer me this. What do you see in my future?" Constance asked as she watched Mirella struggle in the guards' arms.

Mirella looked up to the Queen. She squinted her eyes at her and was pulled into a vision.

A dragon and a family reunited. Arrows pierced the Queen, and fire was all around her. Their faces were so familiar to her.

"You will die at the hands of the family you broke." She smirked at the Queen.

The guards drug Mirella away to go to the dungeons. Constance sat on her throne, staring into nothing as she thought about everything. Has her life come to this? After all, she had done to secure her spot as Queen, was she really going to lose it all?

"My Queen. Lord Rivion has returned." Liam said as he bowed to her at the foot of the stairs.

"Send him in." The Queen said as she nodded her head to him.

Rivion was then allowed to enter, slowly walking towards the Queen. He looked horrible. His clothes were torn, and blood dripped down his arms. He looked as if he had not slept in days. Rivion stopped at the stairs and looked up at the Queen.