Chapter 6: The Black Forest

Crystal has arrived in the Black Forest only to realize she has no idea where she is and what's going on...

I looked around hoping I could get my bearings, but it didn't matter where I looked everything was dark and I couldn't tell which way was left or right anymore.

"Hey Crystal?" I turned and saw Lavi standing there with a dark expression on his face.

"Lavi? Are you alright?" I asked walking towards him.

"Humans only want pointless war, it's pathetic really that I have to sit here and watch you all die by each other's hands." He had that cold tone he did on the train again.

"Are you alright? What are you talking about?" I asked reaching out for him. He gripped my wrist tightly and I cried out in pain. "Let me go that hurts!" I screamed trying to yank my wrist away but he only tightened it more.

"Crystal!" Wait that voice was Lavi's but it didn't come from this one. "Big hammer, Little hammer. Grow, Grow, GROW!" A hammer slammed down over the Lavi in front of me and I backed away and into someone's arms.

When I looked up at who it was I saw Lavi standing there with a worried look on his face.

"Are you alright?" I touched my wrist lightly.

"Yes, thank you..." I muttered as Lavi looked at my swollen and bruised wrist.

"We should get you back to the town and treat that wrist." I shook my head and pulled away.

"I'm fine, we have to find the Innocence before the Earl does." I said and turned to walk back into the forest. "Innocence activate!" My wings appeared creating a light for us.

"Well that's certainly useful." Bookman said as we walked through the darkness.

"Yeah... I guess." I kept remembering everything the cold Lavi said.

Is that how Lavi really is? Or was it just the forest doing it?

Lavi touching my shoulder made me stop. I looked down and saw there was a giant hole in front of me.

"You need to be careful who knows how deep that hole is." I nodded slightly and let Lavi led. "We've been walking around for a while now. Shouldn't we have found the Innocence by now?"

I felt someone watching us.

"Lavi! Bookman!" They both turned as Akuma appeared from the darkness. My wings turned sharp like razors and I jumped into the air using my speed to slice through the Akuma without much difficulty.

Once they were all gone I landed and let my wings go back to normal.

"Wow so they can become sharp too. Your Anti-Akuma weapon is pretty cool." I smiled lightly.

"Thanks." I heard the girl's laugh again.

"Well, well little Exorcists you're stronger than you look. But too bad for you we've already found the Innocence." The girl walked out into the light and held up a glowing ball.

"The Innocence!" Lavi said glaring at her.

"We had it all along, I just wanted to play with you." I closed my eyes and started singing.

"Ne perdatis luces
Cantum sanctum nunc accipite
Oro, canto, vobis
Fiat lux

Spes, ne perdatis
Cantum lucum nunc accipite
Dono animam mea
Fiat lux" The girl dropped to her knees as I continued the song.

"What are you doing? How is this effecting me?" She dropped the Innocence and Lavi ran over to grab it.

"This song, it's very old. I haven't seen or heard it for many years." Bookman said quietly as I finished the song. As soon as Lavi picked up the Innocence the darkness disappeared.

My body closed up and my will was forced back.

My body was now just that a body with no heart or soul. I could feel that I had no control over anything I did even as my wings vanished.

It was very painful...