Happy Birthday

Dominik followed behind his friends feeling uneasy as they shuffled into the strip club. It wasn't that he didn't want to be there, he just didn't see the need. Okay so yeah it was his birthday, big whoop. His closest friends, Damien, Rhea, and Finn, were forcing him to celebrate despite the fact that he had already assured them that their evening of video games and booze at his house the night prior, the birthday festivities he actually requested, were enough.

Night life wasn't really his scene, especially the strip club called Luxxe he found himself in, but Damaian, always the party boy, had already bought out a section and would not take no for an answer. Dominik kept his head down as they made their way to the booth in the back corner that was already loaded with a bottle of champagne sitting on ice.

"Tranquillo hermano," Damian jested with a nudge to his shoulder. "You already look like you've seen a ghost." He observed taking in Dom's paler than normal appearance.

"I'm fine," Dominik insisted in his seat as he finally decided to acknowledge his surroundings, gaze averting to the dancer that was on the main stage clad only in a g-string and nipple covers. He quickly shifted his stare and looked out to the things he could see closeby. There were several girls out on the floor giving lap dances and fraternizing with patrons at the bar.

"Leave him alone Priest," Rhea said, her ice blue eyes piercing over to Damian before shoving the bottle of champagne over to Dominik. "Drink up birthday boy." Her Australian accent was thick as her black lipstick covered lips formed into a smirk, sinking into her seat and eyeing the dancers in their vicinity.

Dominik glanced down at the bottle in his hands before presenting it to Finn who was seated next to him. "Can you open it please?" He slightly whined, not wanting to startle himself with the loud pop of the cork or deal with the responses from the other two who were sure to tease him. Finn was always nice to him, even more than Rhea who had a tendency to baby the fuck out of him but even she still sometimes got a rise out of picking fun at the youngest of their friend group.

"Of course bud," the Irishman replied while taking the bottle and quickly removing the foil and popping the cork as discreetly as he could off to the side. "Happy Birthday Dom," Finn grinned. Dominik took the bottle and threw back a few big gulps. The least he could do tonight was actually enjoy himself and if it took a couple of drinks to do that, then so be it.

A waitress found her way to their section taking Damian's request for 3 different bottles of tequila to be sent to them. Dominik was sure to order some chicken tenders as Rhea hounded the waitress to find out what she had to do to get some dancers in their section. Her efforts were soon rewarded as two dancers were seated in Finn and Rhea's laps with another dancing topless on the small platform stage in their section. They all tried to give a dance to the birthday boy, but he politely declined each time.

By an hour later, Dominik was gripping the drink in his hand so hard that his knuckles were turning white, unsure of where to look. He was several drinks in by this time and feeling a bit more relaxed, but not relaxed enough that he didn't still feel uncomfortable in his unknown surroundings. He internally resented the fact that he rode with Rhea here because all he desperately wanted to do at this moment was just leave. Damian was able to pick up on this feeling of uncertainty as he gazed over at Dom and ventured off into the club to do something about it.

"Hey come with me real quick," Damian said to Dominik as he made his way back to their booth. Dom raised his eyebrow in confusion waiting for him to elaborate. "Just come on," He reiterated with an eye roll before turning on his heels and making his way back out into the main section of the club.Dominik reluctantly rose to his feet and followed behind him with his head down, shuffling close to his heels like a lost puppy.