Big Girl Money Part 1

Warming the mixture of shea butter and body glitter in her hands, Monet propped her leg on the bench of the locker room and applied it beginning at her ankle and quickly making her way up to her thigh. She took a deep breath and repeated the motion to her other leg.

It was her first night working the floor in a while and she couldn't help but feel nervous. And to make things worse, she didn't have Alani like normal to aid in getting rid of her jitters. She arrived early in true Monet fashion, always the punctual one, but also to give herself some time to get in the right mindset before the other girls start piling in. Thankfully she was pretty much done getting ready by the time she heard the locker room door opening as she bent over to grab her shoes from her bag.

"Oooo Monet out on the floor today," Mercedes teased, giving her ass a smack as she walked by.

"Ready to make some big girl money?"

"Something like that." Monet mumbled, rubbing her stung cheek before taking a seat on the bench to hurry and get her shoes on so she could get the fuck away from Mercedes and her messiness.

Mercedes let out a snicker at her, busying herself with pulling out contents from her makeup bag as she sat in one of the chairs in front of the wall mirror.

Monet sucked her teeth in frustration, attempting to properly wrap the string from her heels up her leg in an even fashion but the long press on nails she wore were making it way more difficult than it needed to be.

"Where's your lackey?"

"If you're referring to Alani," She began with an eye roll. "You know just like everyone else knows she's at Bike Week. The fuck you asking stupid questions for?" She was more frustrated with trying to get her shoe tied than Mercedes' constant need to take digs at Alani, but she couldn't take out her aggression on her shoe without breaking it.

Unphased, Mercedes let out a hum as she filled in her brows. She didn't pick with Monet too often, she actually liked her but Alani wasn't here so her second in command would have to do for now.

"Hmm I wonder if she had to fuck the owner of that club too for her spot." She eyed Monet through the mirror, noticing how her movements instantly stopped.

The word 'too' wasn't lost on her, already knowing what Mercedes was implying.

"Don't start spreading rumors, especially when Alani isn't even here to defend herself." Monet chastised. "She has never fucked Roman."

A loud snort filled the room. "Oh they're definitely fucking. They're just being sloppy with it now." She began.

Mercedes noticed from the day Alani got hired that Roman clearly had an interest in her; she herself, had been there six years and could barely get the man to look her in the eye when she spoke to him, but Alani would have him practically salivating anytime she was around. She rolled her eyes at the thought. "Calling her into his office just to bend her over the desk is crazy. Like this place doesn't talk."

"No, like you don't talk." Monet corrected, not even caring how wonky the strings laid anymore and moved on to her other shoe. "You're really obsessed with her, it's sad .Just saying anything, when was she even in his office?"

"Last week duh! At the end of the night, Jimmy came and got her. We all saw it."

A smirk soon found her face at the revelation. "What? Your girl didn't tell you? Hmm how fitting."

Finally accepting her defeat with the battle of her shoes, Monet stood to her feet and tossed her belongings into Alani's locker to store away.

"If it was at the end of the night I was long gone so how would I know that? And why would she tell me? I don't need a play-by-play of her every move."