Dos

"No" Rosita whispered.

"¿Perdón?"

"¡No!" She was on the verge of tears. "You died, i saw you die, i watched you die."

"¿Your not happy to see me, Hermana?"

"no, for years i blames myself for what happened, and this whole time you've been alive, working with the whisperers".

"Alpha saved me, she showed me the way"

"You really believe that bullshit. Idiota. You were always the smarter one, guess that changed. You see the girl stood over there" She pounted through the small square window in the wall, through it i saw Lydia, "Alpha didn't kill her daughter."

She turned to leave, "Im not who i used to be, Lucia. Alot had happened since we last saw eachother"

"Rosa, Libérame. Por favor."

She left, without sparing a second glance.

****

A few days had passed, the only people who visited was the village priest, gabriel and the white haired woman, carol.

Rosita hadn't came to see me again.

****

"Get up!" Carol commanded as she pulled the cell door open.

"It's in a field, a mile east.... The horde".

"Glad you finnaly realised Alpha's way isn't the only way".

"are you going to kill me".

"Unfortunately, No. Let's just say your sister decided to pay your bail".

"¿Por qué? Why, why would she do that".

"So that she never has to see you again. Im gonna take you very far away from here, and im gonna leave you with supplys, and your not gonna come back. Ok."

"ok".

"Follow me".

"Gracias, Carol"

Published Monday 15th January 2024.