The Boy In The Portrait

ೃ⁀➷ This chapter contains minor spoilers for Carlo's character otherwise enjoy :)

The absence of Pinocchio left a palpable void in the once lively atmosphere of Hotel Krat

The absence of Pinocchio left a palpable void in the once lively atmosphere of Hotel Krat. As a survivor who had formed a unique connection with the puppet, you couldn't help but feel the weight of his absence. Pinocchio, usually a source of joy and camaraderie, had become distant and withdrawn after discovering an old painting that stirred something within him.

The painting, depicting a boy who bore a striking resemblance to Pinocchio, held an enigmatic power that seemed to have cast a shadow over the puppet. Instead of the usual warmth and happiness, Pinocchio now spent his days sitting in Geppetto's room, fixated on the image that seemed to have unearthed dormant emotions.

The once vibrant Hotel Krat now echoed with a sense of melancholy. The usually bustling rooms and corridors became quieter, as the absence of Pinocchio's laughter and the shared moments of connection left an indelible mark on the atmosphere.

As a survivor in this evolving narrative, you found yourself grappling with the uncertainty that accompanied Pinocchio's sudden change in demeanor. The puppet, who had been both a companion and a source of solace, now seemed to be entangled in the emotions stirred by the mysterious painting.

In this newfound solitude, the hotel's walls held the echoes of past laughter and shared experiences. The piano, once a medium for connection, now stood silent, and the dance floor, where moments of joy had unfolded, lay empty.

As you navigated the quiet hallways, the absence of Pinocchio's presence weighed on you. The mystery surrounding the old painting had transformed the once lively haven into a space marked by introspection and unanswered questions. In the stillness of Hotel Krat, the survivor found themselves awaiting the return of the puppet, hoping that the shadows cast by the enigmatic painting would eventually give way to the warmth of connection once more.

The revelation about the painting unraveled a poignant truth about Pinocchio's origin, shedding light on Geppetto's first creation, Carlo. The weight of the discovery echoed through the silent corridors of Hotel Krat, as Pinocchio grappled with newfound insecurities and a sense of inadequacy.

The specter of the Petrification Disease, which had claimed Carlo's life, cast a somber shadow over the puppet's understanding of his own existence. Pinocchio, designed in the image of Geppetto's lost son, felt the burden of comparison and an unspoken expectation to embody qualities that belonged to a boy lost to a tragic fate.

In the quiet confines of Geppetto's room, where Pinocchio sat fixated on the painting, the puppet's internal struggle unfolded. The desire to fulfill his creator's wishes clashed with the inherent truth that Pinocchio could never be Carlo. The puppet, though animated and vibrant, grappled with an inescapable reality—he was a creation, distinct and unique, yet burdened by the specter of a past tragedy.

As a survivor witnessing this internal turmoil, the hotel's atmosphere became saturated with a sense of empathy and compassion. The once vibrant connection between you and Pinocchio now faced the challenge of navigating through the puppet's newfound insecurities.