The Game. Pt.1

As I walked into the stadium I felt the atmosphere tense up. Nobody knew who was to win. Both teams had good players.

I looked at the my phone and realized both Jude and Marc replied to my messages. I opened Marc's first though.

Marc: I'm surprised you sent me this message, but thank you I appreciate it. And..if I score a goal it's dedicated to you.

I smiled and blushed. Why was I suddenly hoping Barcelona score goals?

Shoot!

I then opened my brother's text.

Jude: aw thanks sis. I'm sure we will win though.

I also smiled to this text. I always like Jude's pre game attitude. But I couldn't get that sweet text from Marc out of my head.

.

The game starts.

Jude was in the starting lineup. Marc though was benched. I felt bad for Marc. He truly deserved a spot on the starting players. But I still had hope he would be subbed in.

The game was filled with close shots and lots of fouls. Real Madrid was really aggressive and Barca's defense was having trouble recovering the ball.

Then the game calmed down for a bit. Until Jude got the ball from an intercepted pass. He ran across the whole field, dribbling past De Jong and Romeu. He made it to the penalty box. I cheered his name. He was going to score there was no doubt about it.

But then Balde slide tackled him from behind. Jude fell to the ground and I gasped.

"Penalty!" I yelled out with the crowd.

I saw the referee dig into his pocket. This has to be a red card!

The ref took out the yellow, raised it, and then took out a red card.

I saw Kounde fight with the referee to just keep it as a yellow card but it back fired and he got a yellow card too.

Jude stood there. Concentration placed on the ball in-front of him and the goalkeeper, Ter Stegen who awaited his move.

Jude kicked the ball into the top right corner as Ter Stegen leaped to the left. It was a goal.

I cheered and raised my hands in the air.

"Jude!! LETS GOOO!!" I exclaimed.

I felt so proud of my brother to score a goal in the 28th minute.

The game then continued, Real Madrid being more confident than ever. I then noticed Marc warming up along the side of the field.

Could he be subbed on? Probably in the second half, right?

I kept my eyes on the game, watching Barcelona pass the ball amongst themselves. From Pedri to Gavi, from Gavi to Torres, from Torres to Lewandowski. Before I knew it they were already past the midfield and against the defense.

Could they potentially score?

Lewandowski then passed the ball to Raphina and he shot to the goal. Boom! Blocked!

But Courtois didn't catch the ball he only blocked it.

Torres got the rebound and he made a shot.

GOAL!

Courtois failed to block his shot and it was a goal.

Barcelona scored making the game 1-1 within the 32nd minute.

As the game continued Pedri quickly stole the ball from Camavinga and ran along the field. He passed it over to Lewandowski.

Lewandowski ran with the ball. Then Alaba came and slid under him. Sweeping Lewandowski off his feet.

Lewandowski grasped his foot and winced in pain.

The players came up to him to see if he was alright.

It was then said he was injured due to ankle sprain caused by bad landing.

Lewandowski was taken off the field.

I wondered if Marc would now be brought onto the field since the position was now open.

I saw Xavi call him over from the side of the pitch. Marc was excited.

I saw him then pull his Barcelona jersey on and run to the field.

This game just got even more interesting.

(Part 1 of the game 🌝)

(Pt.2 coming later!!!)