𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Chapter Five
𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐲!

♔

𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐀 random tune as she entered the video store. Since it was Allison's birthday week, she had chosen the movie for their family night and Olive was sent to pick up food and the movie that Allison wanted. 

Although she was annoyed that she had been tasked with grabbing everything, she was also relieved to have some time away from her family.  

Looking around, she noticed no workers up at the front. "Hello?" She called out but received no answer. Shrugging it off, she walked towards the romance section in hopes of finding The Notebook, the movie that Allison had requested that night. 

Olive looked up when she heard the bell ring, alerting her that someone had just walked in. 

"Can somebody help me find the Notebook?" Olive looked around the shelf and noticed Jackson standing in the center of the store, looking incredibly confused. "Hello?" He called out again and Olive huffed before leaving her hiding spot. 

"Is this what you're looking for?" Olive asked him, holding up the CD. Jackson's head snapped to her and he sighed when he noticed the Notebook in her hand. "Uh, yeah." 

"Lydia?" 

Jackson nodded as Olive handed him the CD. "Don't you need it?" He asked her and Olive shrugged, picking up 10 Things I Hate About You. "Allison will understand. Besides, we've watched it so much that I have every word memorized. It'll be a good change of course to watch something else." 

Jackson nodded and an awkward silence fell over them. They both looked around when they noticed no one was up at the front desk to help them check out, "Hello! Is anybody working here?" Jackson called out but they received no response. 

"You gotta be kidding me," Jackson mumbled and Olive went to look around in hopes of finding someone. That's when she noticed a pair of boots sticking out from behind a shelf. "What the-" She trailed off, gaining Jackson's attention. 

They both walked forward and peered around the shelf, only to see the body of a man, with his throat ripped out. Olive's eyes widened as she glanced around, hoping that whatever did this still wasn't present. 

Jackson stumbled back, knocking the ladder down which was holding up one of the lights that was supposed to be in the process of being fixed. However, when the latter fell, the light did as well, turning out all the lights in the store. 

Jackson stood back up quickly, and Olive glanced around with heavy breaths. The one time she didn't bring any protection with her was the one time her life was at risk.