3

Elizabeth woke up the next morning, wearing the only feminine thing she had, her lace nightdress. it was bought by her mother, twp christmasses ago, and Elizabeth wore it ever since. the first thing she thought about was Alistair.

"maybe there are more people like me in this world. he seemed positively insane. i liked that about him" she says to herself. "I want to write a poem about him."

what a man, how strange, how peculiar,

that bid me good day this morning,

he had the oddest ways of life,

and yet we danced until the evening.

what a man, how odd, how very very odd!

who took my hand in his,

we discussed many strange matters,

over a nice cold glass of fizz!

Elizabeth decided that would go in her next book. she was fond of it.

after a few hours, she heard a tapping on her door.

(what is that strange tapping, tapping on my chamber door? - edgar allan poe reference- I HAD TO OKAY???)

she opens her door and sees Alistair, in a slightly different outfit from yesterday, but still just as handsome.

"i hope you dont mind my imposing, but i had to come see you" says Alistair.

"it's perfectly alright. make yourself at home" says Elizabeth. "why have you come over here?"

"because, my dear, you're so addictive, I had to come see you to see your beauty again" says Alistair.

"Alistair, my friend, I'm not that beautiful." says Elizabeth, her cheeks going slightly pink. "you really do talk nonsense!"

"of course i do! I am raving mad, my love!" says Alistair with a laugh.

Elizabeth chuckles. "my dear Alistair, I am just as raving, and such a disappointment to my mother, I tell you. she wants me to get married and have children. such a calamity."

"well, Elizabeth, whoever does marry you in the end, is the luckiest man in the world, and will be my greatest enemy." says Alistair.

for the afternoon, Elizabeth and Alistair spend many hours talking about many subjects, and laughing too.