amazingphil - Rollercoaster Imagine

You and Phil wandered around the theme park until you found a ride that seemed enjoyable. Neither of you were exactly ‘adrenaline junkies’ but this tall rollercoaster that dipped and spinned in all sorts of directions caught Phil’s attention, so you bought your tickets and got in line.

The queue wasn’t particularly long, which was strange as it was a Saturday afternoon and the theme park was quite busy. You looked up at the ride again and you mouth gaped wide in awe. You didn’t really notice how big it was when you first saw it.

Your palms and forehead started to sweat slightly, and your mouth became dry and thirsty. You swallowed hard in an attempt to hide your nervousness and you wiped the back of your hands across your forehead.

“Are you okay?” Phil asked sympathetically. You didn’t want to spoil the day for Phil so you simply nodded and smiled. He returned the gesture and wiped his hand across his signature Gengar t-shirt that he chose to wear. You’d forgotten that he was holding your hand.

The queue gradually got shorter and within no time at all you and Phil were both at the front of the line. The rollercoaster man guided you along the platform and signaled for you and Phil to choose a seat. You let Phil pick and you both settled into a seat at the back. You heard the announcer through the speakers as she spoke about all of the rules like ‘don’t stand up’ or ‘don’t undo your buckle’ etc etc, and before long the rollercoaster man returned and buckled you both in so you didn’t fall to your death.

“Are you ready?” asked Phil. You were still as nervous as hell so you nuzzled your head into the crook between his neck and shoulder and squeezed your eyes shut. He chuckled and put his arm around you. “Don’t be scared y/n, I’m here.”

You heard the click of the tracks as the carriages were removed from their locks and you slowly started to move forward. Phil took your hand in his and squeezed it.

“You can open your eyes you know, I’m not going to let anything bad happen to you.”

You hesitated, but eventually opened your eyes. The rollercoaster was going up towards the top and you felt your stomach tighten. You squeezed your eyes shut again and held a firm grip on Phil’s t-shirt. The tracks creaked as the carriages started to fall from the height and you felt Phil let go of your hand as he raised it into the air.

“It’s okay y/n, everything’s fine! You can open your eyes!”

You heard everyone screaming and laughing as you fell from the top but you continued to bury yourself into Phil’s side, your grip on his t-shirt tightening and your eyes clenching shut. You were reminded that you didn’t really like rollercoasters at all.

Eventually, the ride had finished. You didn’t notice though until Phil was poking you.

“Y/n, you can open your eyes now. The ride’s finished.” He chuckled.

You slowly opened your eyes and released the grip on his t-shirt. You sat up and climbed out of the carriage. Phil stood up and joined you, placing his arm around your waist as you stumbled off of the platform. 

“Do you want to go for icecream?” he asked subtly, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear and taking your hands in his.

“Please.” He smiled and guided you through the theme park, holding your hand the whole way.