Chapter 1- Training with the coyote

It's been weeks since the death of Jakob and Poochie. Now the Elder declares war with the birds. But not just the birds, but other kinds like the military, and the raiders. Thankfully the human named Max makes sure to take care of the raiders that try to ransack where we live. Sometimes Laika also takes care of them.

Max is the father of three boys. While Laika is the mother of one coyote pup. Then there's Maya. Laika's mom. She was a real pain. To laika mostly.

Back then, Max used to visit Laika at her home village where we live. But due to how bad the war had gotten when they opened fire at Max's hometown. Max and the boys make their escape. And where we live was now their new home.

The three boys. Anakin, the oldest. Alm the middle. And Ron the littlest. When Anakin is now a young adult. Reaching the age of eighteen. He received training immediately so he could learn to defend himself, protect his two brothers, and the tribes of where we live. Alm just only manages around some areas of where we live. Sometimes he would hang around with Shaza and Maya.

Ron? Well all he does is hangout with Puppy. He is around puppy's age, and also the only friend Puppy has left after losing their closest friend Poochie.

Anakin and Laika rode to where ancestors rest so she can continue to train Anakin while his father is away to his old hometown to check on his dad. Where there's more human population. A bit far, but not away.

It's still damaged by the birds from the war though the city remained active with civilization. Laika and Anakin take turns clashing the wooden piece of stick. Using them as training weapons. Laika blocked another swing, and kicked him on the ground.

"That's all you got? Come on Anakin! I thought you're stronger than that?!" She taunts him. Anakin gets himself up, and he charges towards her. Taking it personally. Just like she planned. He starts to swing the wooden stick pretty hard. Laika sees the amount of determination he has on his face. She puts on a smirk, knowing it's working.

They clashed again, seeing each other face to face. "Ready to give up old lady?" Anakin taunts her. "Old? Please. My mom is older than your dad." Laika fires back her words. Not phased by his taunts. He follows up with a hard swing. Which Laika dodged, and struck him in the back.

Down he goes on the ground. "You're the oldest son of Max. I expected a better experience from you. But instead of fighting a bird. I'm fighting a sloppy kid. Who can't even shoot." Laika said. Anakin gets up, and turns around to face her.

"I shot once." Anakin replied. "Yeah, a small handgun. But you can't handle the revolver." Laika said.

"Then let me try right now." Anakin demanded. "No, you can later." Laika said. "But-" Anakin is about to protest. But Laika cuts him off. "Later, don't make me say it again." Laika reminds him once again. After staring at her serious looks she's giving him. Anakin lets out a sigh. Not wanting to risk getting her angry. "Yes ma'am." Anakin said in defeat.

"That will be enough. Get on your bike, we're going home. Once he keeps teaching you how to shoot better. Maybe I'll consider letting you try my gun. But only if I hear from Max that your aim is better. You hear me?" Laika said with a stern look. "Yes ma'am." Anakin replied.

Anakin and Laika walked down the steep steps. Anakin looks up at all the falling white leaves. Seeing the candles, flowers, and jar of ashes. He suddenly gets lost in his thoughts. Hearing his name being called. "Ani? ?Ani?" Hearing the voice of a young girl. "Anakin? He snaps back to hear Laika's voice calling to him. Turning to see her with the same stern look as usual. Daydreaming, are you?" Laika wondered.

"I wasn't. I was just looking at the sky, watching the leaves fall." Anakin said, trying to deny he was. She knows that's not it. He wasn't looking at the leaves. They soon arrived on their motorcycles. "You miss her, don't you?" Laika asked. He stares at Laika, giving her a neutral look. Trying not to make any face to give away some emotion.